Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: Final Table

Kanter rr'd pf.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:31 PM

Hand 156 - Tex Barch has the button in seat 3, Hachem raises to $500,000, Barch calls, and Kanter moves all in for about $4,300,000. Hachem folds, and Barch takes a long time to think about the situation. After several minutes, Barch makes the call.

Barch shows Ah-Qc, and he dominates Kanter's As-7h. The flop comes 10s-7c-7d, and Kanter takes a huge lead with trip sevens. Barch is in deep water here, because he needs running tens, running queens, or running aces to eliminate Kanter.

The turn card is the As, and Barch can catch the last ace in the deck (one out) to chop the pot.

The river card is the 6h, and Aaron Kanter doubles up through Tex Barch.

1. Steve Dannenmann - $26,100,000 (seat 8)
2. Tex Barch - $17,000,000 (seat 3)
3. Aaron Kanter - $9,000,000 (seat 6)
4. Joseph Hachem - $4,400,000 (seat 1)
Old 11-15-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No way Black had AK against Kanter's KK. He just called Kanter's raise pre-flop, then checked on the K-high turn?? Black is way too aggressive to play AK that way. My guess would be Ah5h (I think the flop was K53). Would be a lot more consistent with the board and Black's style.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this guuy

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, but AK is still a possibility. Given the board and that action AK HAS TO FEAR the set.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:32 PM

Its amazing, you play for over 6 full days of at least 10+ hours of play. All the stress, the people, the cameras, the lights, and hopefully you at least slept for sometime last night. You setup to the table, play some hands, now down to 6 players, and in an instant you make a sudden decision, and now someone comes over the top of you. So many time points you would have to make a key YES/NO decision.

I can not imagine the stress those people felt. I mean physical stress to where you feel the blood in your head is causing a direct feeling of pain in your skull. All I would ask if I was in that position, that I would at least think out my decision for a time period and no matter if I win/lose at that point, felt confident I had the best hand and made the right play.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does he think by moving in with TT he can take Danneman off his hand? Otherwise I don't like the all-in. If he calls and moves all-in on the flop he probably wins the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point
Old 11-15-2005, 10:34 PM

Hand 179 - Joseph Hachem has the button in seat 1, he limps for $240,000, Barch limps, Kanter raises to $1,240,000, and Hachem says, "All in."

Tex Barch folds to get out of the way, and he and Kanter both stand up. It's nearly $5 million more to Kanter. He thinks for a short while, and then makes the call. Hachem shows Qd-7d, and Kanter has pocket nines (9s-9d).

The flop comes Qh-8c-2h, and Hachem takes the lead with a pair of queens. Kanter is in trouble, and needs to catch a nine or a runner-runner straight to eliminate Hachem.

The turn card is the Ah, and Kanter needs to catch a nine (2 outs) to win the hand.

The river card is the 2c, and Joseph Hachem survives to double up in chips. His crowd of supporters is psyched, starting up with their cheer of "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie! Oy! Oy! Oy!"

1. Steve Dannenmann - $23,800,000 (seat 8)
2. Joseph Hachem - $13,200,000 (seat 1)
3. Tex Barch - $12,600,000 (seat 3)
4. Aaron Kanter - $6,500,000 (seat 6)
Old 11-15-2005, 10:34 PM

Tex barch is one cool guy.

It's been a good final table, even Kanter who i didnt like coming into it, has grown on me.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No way Black had AK against Kanter's KK. He just called Kanter's raise pre-flop, then checked on the K-high turn?? Black is way too aggressive to play AK that way. My guess would be Ah5h (I think the flop was K53). Would be a lot more consistent with the board and Black's style.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this guuy

[/ QUOTE ]

No way he had AK. He looked like he wanted to fold to the river bet. Would folding be even a thought on your mind when someone bets 2 mil into a 12 mil pot on a K533x board and you have AK?
Old 11-15-2005, 10:38 PM

i'm not sure if this point has been made before, but does Joe Hachem give anybody else an Australian Josh Arieh vibe?

PASS THE SUGAH.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not sure if this point has been made before, but does Joe Hachem give anybody else an Australian Josh Arieh vibe?

PASS THE SUGAH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only in appearance. Not in attitude.