Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 06:07 PM

Default Best Vegas Poker Room Beer

Howdy all,

I'll be heading to fabulous Las Vegas in a couple of weeks and I had a question for the locals (and frequent visitors).

What is the finest beer that the following poker rooms comp?

Mandalay Bay
Imperial Palace
Luxor
Excalibur
Monte Carlo
Bellagio
Mirage

Bonus question, does the Monte Carlo comp their 777 microbrews in their poker room?

I'm asking this because when the beer is on the house I like to get the most quality stuff available, and I hate slowing up a waitress with my 20 beer questions act.... "Do you have Becks? No? Sam Adams? No? Paulaner? No?" etc.

Thanks!
-K$
Old 12-02-2004, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Best Vegas Poker Room Beer

[ QUOTE ]
Howdy all,

I'll be heading to fabulous Las Vegas in a couple of weeks and I had a question for the locals (and frequent visitors).

Mandalay Bay
Imperial Palace
Luxor
Excalibur
Monte Carlo
Bellagio
Mirage

Bonus question, does the Monte Carlo comp their 777 microbrews in their poker room?

I'm asking this because when the beer is on the house I like to get the most quality stuff available, and I hate slowing up a waitress with my 20 beer questions act.... "Do you have Becks? No? Sam Adams? No? Paulaner? No?" etc.

Thanks!
-K$

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are playing, all beverages in Vegas are on the house, be sure to tip your cocktail waitress and bartenders.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Howdy all,

Mandalay Bay
Imperial Palace
Luxor
Excalibur
Monte Carlo
Bellagio
Mirage

Thanks!
-K$

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are playing, all beverages in Vegas are on the house, be sure to tip your cocktail waitress and bartenders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Stew,

Thanks for the note, maybe my first post wasn't clear, but what I am asking is for opinions of what are the best beers available in the poker room in each of the rooms listed.

For example, in my opinion, Luxor's best beer offered in the poker room is St. Paulis Girl, mainly because it seems to be the most premium import available there.

I just don't want to hassle the waitresses at every joint to have them run down their beer lists for me. And no worries, I always tip....

I seem to remember a post from Ed Miller saying that the Bellagio served Pilsner Urqeull on draft, now that sounds good, but do they serve that in the poker room or can you only buy it at the bar?

later!
-K$
Old 12-02-2004, 08:19 PM

Wait wait wait...

You ask for Beck's before Sam Adams?

You ask for Sam Adams before Paulaner?

That was a joke right?
Old 12-02-2004, 09:29 PM

Monte Carlo will comp their microbrew beers. I thought they were damn good. Good service too.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:18 PM

Anybody have Guinness in the poker room? Boddington's Pub Ale? I'm sick of drinking American bottles. One might say thou shalt not complain about free beer, but... if there's better somewhere else...
Old 12-03-2004, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I seem to remember a post from Ed Miller saying that the Bellagio served Pilsner Urqeull on draft

[/ QUOTE ]
While I have no idea if that's true or not (and hence have nothing valuable to add to this thread), I just wanted to say that that's the best beer ever and I highly reccomend it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2004, 12:38 PM

I also prefer premium b00ze so I just walk up to the bar nearest the poker room and ask the bartender before I sit down. Probably makes me look like more of a regular if anyone at the table is paying attention anyway.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also prefer premium b00ze so I just walk up to the bar nearest the poker room and ask the bartender before I sit down. Probably makes me look like more of a regular if anyone at the table is paying attention anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one at the table is paying attention.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:38 PM

I believe I drank Guiness bottles while playing at the Plaza downtown.

Although, those days downtown were pretty hazy. I do have a picture of myself in Glitter Gulch with a drink in one hand, a stripper on my lap, at least a pound of beef jerky in the other hand.

Downtown is wierd.