Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2004, 04:02 PM

Default EV Question

Hi,

I'll be going to Vegas soon with my brother and his wife to play some low limit (4/8) Holdem. My sis is a TAG, and can be tricky too. But, we've played at the same tables a ton, we talk poker all the time, and I have a very good read on her. As for myself, I'm tight, but a little too passive and ABC.

When we get to Vegas my sister thinks that we should attempt to play at the same table as much as we can. I'm wondering if this is -EV for me, or a good thing since I have a read on her down. Would it be better for that seat to be filled with an unknown (hopefully a fish)?

My sis argues that playing at the same table will help her, since if I'm in a hand she'll know she's up against a real hand, will know to respect my raises, etc. I guess that logic might work for me too, but would that offset the gains expected if instead of her sitting down a fish sat down?

Curious to see what your opinions are.

later!
-K$
Old 11-12-2004, 04:24 PM

Default Re: EV Question

If she is a winning player, you are better off without her. If she is a losing player, she must be worse than the average player to make it better.

If you are cheating, it doesn't matter, as you will do better.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:35 PM

Default Re: EV Question

[ QUOTE ]

My sis argues that playing at the same table will help her, since if I'm in a hand she'll know she's up against a real hand

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks like a good bluffing opportunity.

One more thing: Say you have a strong hand, she has a very strong hand, and a 3rd person has the nuts. You may screw each other over.