Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2004, 12:24 AM

Default I need some encouragement & booby gif

I need a hug, a warm cup of cocoa, some encouraging words, a swift kick in the gonads,something! anything! to get me out of this funk.

My numbers since Nov 1.

.5/1 all at Party
1/2 at TGC

Hardly crushing the game, however I am still in the green, so thats something, right?. Well not really becuase I didnt include the $50 I dropped in the OIC (Legitmate loss to becuase I didnt play all wild due to the bankroll insurance, just played normal, but since it was insured I kept the numbers out of PT)

I read about other experienced players having runs like this but typically those are at higher levels, where I assume the opponents are a wee bit better then the dregs that are the Party .5/1 players. A decent player at this level should be "Crushing", not breaking even or losing over 5k hands. Or is this a misunderstanding on my part, is it possible for a solid winning player to just go bad for 5k hands even at this level against horrid opponents?

Or do I just suck at the poker?
Or is this the ugly side of variance (as I ran +6bb/100 in 6k hands through Sept/Oct)?

Just an example of the crap I am going through, nothing particular special about it except for the fact that this is my first flush in almost 600 hands, so it stung just a little bit more.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

<font color="green">Called here expecting MP2/MP3/Button all to call as they were all over 50 VP </font>

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 24 BB

Since this is a woe me post the results should be obvious.

In order to apology for the whining I give you this booby gif (animation must be on to enjoy full effect)

Old 12-14-2004, 12:33 AM

Default Re: I need some encouragement & booby gif

That's the only way to play the hand.

Btw, there's some type of blue sensor obscuring the boobies in your gif.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:49 AM

Your VP$IPs look too low and your FSBS looks too high. I'd venture to guess that you should be playing more speculative hands.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:54 AM

There's more variance at lower limits due to more suckouts so I wouldn't worry too much about this.
Nothing looks horrible, least of all, that picture!
Old 12-14-2004, 02:10 AM

Come on now Kiemo, sample sizes of 500 and 5000 hands at the limits you're questioning? Those results mean jack and you know it.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:16 AM

I need a hug, a warm cup of cocoa, some encouraging words, a swift kick in the gonads,something! anything! to get me out of this funk.

You need to play more hands. The only thing more fake then your winrate over this period of hands is...well you know [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2004, 03:09 AM

From the "it could always be worse" department: you could have had my last 4 days instead:

Old 12-14-2004, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From the "it could always be worse" department: you could have had my last 4 days instead:

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually thats pretty much what my last 3 days looks like, in about a third the number of hands though.

Oh well, TGC changed its bonus policy today so that lightens my mood a little.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:22 AM

Me = making approx $10 over about 7k stretch so I think you're good here. When I posted my 10k checkup with a winrate of something like 1.2BB/100 with actually pretty similar stats to you at .5/1 I was told that winning is good enough over 10k so I shouldn't complain so I guess I pass that on to you... except you have even less hands.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:51 PM

*Kicks kiemo in the gonads*

Feel better?

Serioulsy though stop looking at your PT #'s for a while. They're fine except you fold you SB too much for my tastes. The BB/100 is meaningless over this sample size. Looking at this and saying, "what's wrong?" is being results oriented. Focus on your game and not the results. And use that gif as your avatar!