Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Caribbean Sun rakeback question

I saw a site that offers rakeback here. I have never done rakeback anywhere. Does the rakeback in any way affect the monthly $40 for 500 hands or will I get rakeback in addition to that offer? If anyone wants to PM any other info that would be cool too...
Old 06-12-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Caribbean Sun rakeback question

afaik the cryptos don't deduct bonuses from the MGR used to calculate rakeback. but best to check directly with the site that is offering you the deal.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:03 PM

I believe that rakeback does not affect your bonuses on the cryptologic sites.

BTW, pokerplex is $50 for 300 hands :-)
Old 06-12-2005, 06:05 PM

I have rakeback with as many of the Cryptos as possible and Caribbean Sun is the only one that I am aware of that deducts your monthly bonus from your MGR before calculating rakeback (this could be affiliate specific though).
Old 06-12-2005, 06:08 PM

so does this basically mean I would not get rakeback until I am done with the hands for the month???
Old 06-12-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so does this basically mean I would not get rakeback until I am done with the hands for the month???

[/ QUOTE ]
no, it means that if you DO clear a bonus during the month, then it MAY be deducted from the revenue you've generated which your rakeback is calculated from. you only get paid rakeback once a month anyway.

also, unless you're playing high limits around the $3/6, $5/10 range and mostly shorthanded, the CS bonus is still worth more than the rakeback you'd earn in the same amount of hands. exactly how much MGR are you hoping to generate where a $40 bonus deduction is freaking you out?
Old 06-12-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no, it means that if you DO clear a bonus during the month, then it MAY be deducted from the revenue you've generated which your rakeback is calculated from. you only get paid rakeback once a month anyway.

also, unless you're playing high limits around the $3/6, $5/10 range and mostly shorthanded, the CS bonus is still worth more than the rakeback you'd earn in the same amount of hands. exactly how much MGR are you hoping to generate where a $40 bonus deduction is freaking you out?

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt say it was freaking me out, but wouldn't you want to know the best way to sign up before doing it?

EDIT: what is MGR?
Old 06-12-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i didnt say it was freaking me out, but wouldn't you want to know the best way to sign up before doing it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I already told you the best way to know before signing up the first time I replied to you. check directly with the site that is offering you the deal. specifically, ask if bonuses are deducted from MGR. if they are and you think you can do better, then pick another affiliate, or maybe another poker site (or network in general) to get rakeback from.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I already told you the best way to know before signing up the first time I replied to you. check directly with the site that is offering you the deal. specifically, ask if bonuses are deducted from MGR. if they are and you think you can do better, then pick another affiliate, or maybe another poker site (or network in general) to get rakeback from.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you already told me that you have no idea. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:17 PM

No, he told you it depends on which affiliate you sign up under. Ask them.