Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Official word on Party SnG with VIP

no thats 12 tablers. Sng's dont last the full hour. you get about 15-16 tournaments an hour 12 tabling.

My point is not really directed on some sort of contest. The point is that this guy was saying that us sng'ers dont pay much in rake compared to the limit players and thats total crap.

Im currently paying around $4000 a month in the $22 tournaments 8 tabling. Thats low limit and still $4K a month.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they're offering me a 20k hands bonus ...

...if a tourny is 100+9, then it counts as 9 raked hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Points bonuses are different.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is not uncommon for lower limit SnG players to pay four figures of rake each month and for high limit players to pay five figures of rake each month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reality Check:

1. Exactly how many "low limit SNG players" do you think pay over $1,000+/month in rake?

2. Exactly how many "high limit players" do you think pay over $10,000+/month in rake?

It is very rare, in the grand scheme of things [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2005, 05:07 PM

Of course most of the casual players don't. But most of the casual cash game players don't pay a lot of rake either.

As for those that post here on 2+2, many SnG players pay that kind of rake. Over 1000 SnGs/month isn't all that hard to do if you 8-table. Thats 3 hours of play a day on average.

But if cashgamers want to lovebomb each other for being superior in the paying rake department, feel free. Alternatively they can break out their pocket calculator and do some basic math.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course most of the casual players don't. But most of the casual cash game players don't pay a lot of rake either.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the aggregate, the casual masses pay the majority of the rake!

[ QUOTE ]
As for those that post here on 2+2, many SnG players pay that kind of rake. Over 1000 SnGs/month isn't all that hard to do if you 8-table. Thats 3 hours of play a day on average.

[/ QUOTE ]

You never answered my questions, so I'll try again... How many 2+2 SNGers do you think play more than 1,000 SNG/month at Party?

[FWIW, Poker Prophesy supposedly is capturing data on 80% of all SNGs played at Party since roughly the beginning of the year... not a single person in the top 50 by ITM rate has 1,000 SNG's for the year!)
Old 10-29-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the aggregate, the casual masses pay the majority of the rake!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You never answered my questions, so I'll try again... How many 2+2 SNGers do you think play more than 1,000 SNG/month at Party?

[FWIW, Poker Prophesy supposedly is capturing data on 80% of all SNGs played at Party since roughly the beginning of the year... not a single person in the top 50 by ITM rate has 1,000 SNG's for the year!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the majority of the serious posters in the STT-forum do.

As for pokerprophecy, it hasn't caught 80% of my SnGs. It hasn't even caught 30%. It is crap. And since the top 50 consists of people being on super-heaters it would be idiocy to assume they are all full time multi-tablers.

I play low limit SnGs (22s) and haven't had a month below four figure MGR, even when I was only using one monitor. It doesn't take a superhuman effort to play a lot of SnGs.

When you 8-table, you play 10-12 tables/hour (depending on how quick they start up new ones after getting knocked out). Assuming 10 tables/hr a SnG player pays this much rake.

6s: $10/h
11s: $10/h
22s: $20/h
33s: $30/h
55s: $50/h
109s: $90/h
215s: $150/h

Like I said, the math isn't all that complicated. I am sure someone 8-tabling the higher cash games pay more rake, but it hardly towers over the SnG rake so it is reduced to "nothing".

And it should be obvious that Party counting each $ paid in SnG tourney fee = being in a cash game hand that is raked, is a joke. Does one-tabling the NL25 equate to 8-tabling the $50+5 SnGs? Because they clear at the same pace with this math.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play low limit SnGs (22s) and haven't had a month below four figure MGR, even when I was only using one monitor. It doesn't take a superhuman effort to play a lot of SnGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, that makes *1*... still trying to figure out how many people you think are in this category?

BTW, I agree with you that Party should offer a special incentive to high volume SNG players, thats tailored to their play.

Have you tried emailing the VIP Group and asking specifically for an offer based on SNG play?
Old 10-29-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, that makes *1*... still trying to figure out how many people you think are in this category?

[/ QUOTE ]

It helps if you read my posts. "I think the majority of the serious posters in the STT-forum do."
Old 10-29-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It helps if you read my posts. "I think the majority of the serious posters in the STT-forum do."

[/ QUOTE ]

Likewise... care to put a number on "the majority of serious 2+2 posters in the STT-forum" ??

(whatever that nummber is btw, its likely that not all of them are playing on party)
Old 10-29-2005, 08:53 PM

from what the guy told me on the phone, they haven't implimented the point system yet, so 22s = 2 points each.

they said they'll convert it to points once they get the system fully integrated