Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Selling stuff on ebay

Hey,

I've been selling more and more things on ebay, and have found it to be pretty profitable. However, I need some places that I can get a constant stream of products. Does anyone else do the ebay thing, and could give me a hand or two on suppliers etc.?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
-Ftball
Old 10-25-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Selling stuff on ebay

Most wholesalers require that you have a vendors licence from the state before they will sell to you. I once thought about starting an Ebay business but p*ker has shown it's self to be more profitable. I was a member of a web site called world wide brands which had a list of wholesalers you could access. Most of them would drop ship and after looking at the brands and prices I decieded that I could make a whole lot more money playing p*ker, plus the fact that I love p*ker. You should check them out however, I didn't give it much of a try because of a really good run on the tables.

That said, you'll make the most profit margin by shopping at thrift sales and buying used college books from students. I know someone who primarily sells used college books. Most college students don't know they can sell their books. If you can find a way to market to them, you can make quite the profit.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:29 AM

Im about to start doing this, what kind of stuff have you sold? Are you just selling junk you have around your house? I have an upcoming vegas trip and need some extra money.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:42 AM

There are a lot of books written on the subject. If you can't find B&N, Borders, etc., look at Amazon.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:22 AM

Try craigslist instead. No mailing required. I just dumped a mirror for $50 and am going to sell more items soon. If you put something up and get massive amounts of interest on craigslist, take it down and put it up on eBay to maximize your profit. No fees and people pay cash. It's pretty sweet.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:26 AM

That sounds like one of those "too good to be true" statements. If craigslist is getting things yanked and they're being sold on ebay, how's craigslist making any money?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That sounds like one of those "too good to be true" statements. If craigslist is getting things yanked and they're being sold on ebay, how's craigslist making any money?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Craigslist makes its money through employment ads. They charge a flat fee which is far lower than employers can get in newspapers in their markets. I believe the fee is generally $75 unlimited lines, unlimited run time.

This earns Craigslist enough revenue to support the rest of the site at no charge to users.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:35 AM

makes sense. ty
Old 10-25-2005, 02:11 AM

I was asking the same question. We were going to give the mirror away but decided to stick it on craigslist to see what happened. I didn't think it would go. We got three hits in the first hour and had two people race to our house to get it. The site assigns you an anonymous email address that the buyers reply to and their replies forward to you real email address. You decide who to respond to.

I saw someone selling an Olhausen pool table for $1500 on there. Looked nice.