Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Dick\'s Restaurant in Boston...awesome concept

My brother called me last night and told me about a dinner that he went to at Dick's in boston.

his girlfriend's parents took the love birds out to dinner at dick's and devin had never been there before, and neither had the mother (only the girl and dad had been there before).

the concept of this restaurant is that service is BAD and waiting staff treat customers badly.

for example, when you sit down at the table, the waiter tosses the placemats, knives, forks on the table and you set your own table.

when the waiter comes to take your order he/she said "WHAT? what the [censored] do you want?"

they dont check on you, you have to get your own stuff etc.

the funny part is that the staff puts white hats on customer's with black marker writing on them. my brother's girlfriend's hat said " im with stupid." that was the only one i rmember now but there was ONE hat that had something written on it and was on the head of a patroness at a nearby table.

people around were laughing and when the waiter came to her table she took the hat off and for a moment forgot that she was at Dick's and actually slapped the waiter, then remembered and felt bad. the woman's hat said:

"Her pants are easier to get into than community college"

anyways, when i visit my brother i'll be sure to go to this place as it sounds like its great for a larf.

Barron
Old 10-24-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Dick\'s Restaurant in Boston...awesome concept

Are they realted to Dick's Last Resort? I think they cut your tie off if you wore one.

Personally, I hate crap like this. I don;t go to restaurant to be "entertained" by waiters. I'd probably drop him.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:18 PM

Hmmmm. Interesting concept, but it does sound like it'd get really old really fast.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm. Interesting concept, but it does sound like it'd get really old really fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

id still like to go for a 1 night thing or see the expressions of friend's upon visiting. not a normal thing i agree.

Barron
Old 10-24-2005, 12:21 PM

i think paying for the "privilege" of being mistreated is a bona-fide sign that a civilization has long ago reached its peak and is definitively in decline.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:22 PM

sounds like a great place to dump a person.

They have one in Downtown San Deigo as well. I think it is a chain. I've never been there, but I've heard it is pretty fun. I'll likely check it out soon and will report back.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:24 PM

I pretty much have zero tolerance for any place that has a schtick that means they get to treat me with anything less than total respect.

There was some place in Seattle, the Bealiner, IIRC, and their whole deal was snappy waitresses with an "East Coast" vibe. So basically they were curt with us and non-helpful. The guy that took us there thought it was all very cute and wonderful, but I just wanted to kill.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:25 PM

I'll pass.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll pass.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-24-2005, 12:31 PM

They've got one of these in Myrtle Beach, SC and another in NC in a similar area. I wanted to go when I first saw one, but then decided against it. I'd only end up getting pissed off. I could see why they'd be popular in tourist areas, as locals would probably never go more than once!