Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 05:43 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC
Default Re: Why all the secrecy here?

[ QUOTE ]
hope this doesnt get deleted and gets some real discussion going about whats really going on out there in the rakeback/affiliate game.

Weather you like it or not, this is going on en masse.

Why not just be upfront about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate to bring all this up again. but tuco, everything you listed in this OP, is a nicely veiled spam of what you offer for your affiliate business.

now that many have followed you, arent those affiliate accounts you opened for people frozen?

you made a lot of claims and a lot of jabs at affiliates, seems that you talked the talk.........

if you would like some advice, its a fine line of what can and cant be disclosed. i offered you my insights on this when you originally approached all the ex skins affilaites, but you wanted all the business for you and CPC. A lot of this issue we have with party and rakeback IMO has been created by you, al, and CPC. I am not trying to attack, but, now that things have gone down the road that I, cup, and rt1 foresaw, i can discuss it, without being accused of spamming, censoring, or some other such BS.

People listened to you and al and now their accounts are frozen. Are you guys collecting all the mgr for yourselves and CPC? If so that was a major swift one you guys pulled over on this place, and i will be the whistle blower, even though many wont like it. If i am wrong, please let me know and i can remove this post.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, There are several problems with this forum. When posters ask about closing/opening new accounts for rakeback, the mods here are not as forthcoming as they should be. This vail of secrecy regarding rakeback/affiliates should not be something that 2+2 endorses.

This is supposed to be a forum for the good of the players. Clearly, it's not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this to be true, unfortunately. If people can't speak openly, this forum is pointless.

-ptmusic
Old 10-18-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am being honest, and i am talking about more than i already should. Some of the sites are already on my azz for some of the things i am saying in here. What are all the issues. And how can i comment on all of them, it has taken me years to understand the issues, and would take much time to explain all of it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly appreciate your efforts, but you and other affiliates have no business being mods here.

This forum was a nice idea, but its execution is incredibly lame.

If you can't openly communicate about the subject matter, and you can't allow others to openly communicate about the subject matter, then you have created a very bizarre forum indeed.

-ptmusic
Old 10-18-2005, 06:04 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

tuco posted this because, myself and my other partners said, 'dont do anything yet, let the dust settle' current affilaites do not have party approval. WELL GUESS WHAT? those affiliates who went under CPC now have frozen accounts, the op quickly changed his tune of this post and wanted to stifle any talks about party and rakeback. NOW TELL ME, who is propogating the secrecy?

We only censor spam.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:07 PM

pt, please direct me to something where we havent allowed open communications? in the first week maybe, but we were in uncharted waters, recently, we have been letting the users be the moderators.

since day 1 we only delete threads that are alerted to us. what is your agenda? the thread we are debating in, was created by someone with a VERY BIG AGENDA. And in slyly discussing his agenda he slandered my operation. I would like you to take note of the current status of affairs, and WHERE IS HE??
Old 10-18-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pt, please direct me to something where we havent allowed open communications? in the first week maybe, but we were in uncharted waters, recently, we have been letting the users be the moderators.

since day 1 we only delete threads that are alerted to us. what is your agenda? the thread we are debating in, was created by someone with a VERY BIG AGENDA. And in slyly discussing his agenda he slandered my operation. I would like you to take note of the current status of affairs, and WHERE IS HE??

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no agenda other than to learn about rakeback. As you can see from my post count and date of joining, I am not a gimmick account.

How have you stifled open communication? How about the fact that actual affiliate names have not been mentioned practically ever here? I'm not blaming you personally, but that seems to be the way it is.

Here, I'll try out a little test by starting a new thread. Let's have a little discussion as to the pros and cons of raketherake and thisisthenuts. I am not associated with either one. I'd like to know what others think about these companies. That should be the type of discussion taking place on this forum.

I don't really care about OP's agenda. I don't really care about your squabbles with other affiliates. But I do care that some posters with green colors are actually affiliates, and that makes me distrust this entire forum.

Mainly I care about what deals are out there, and who is the most reliable.

I have been PM'd several times now. Should I trust those that are PMing me? I have no clue, and this forum isn't helping.

-ptmusic
Old 10-18-2005, 06:26 PM

then you havent been reading it. we stickied not to trust pm affilaites, as many have echoed in posts throughout this forum. we provide threads on affilaites for anyone who advertises here. we want to provide info about rakeback, but to do so, we need income to provide for the forum, and that is from advertising, as we didnt take the angle of only promoting ourselves(which would be a worthless forum IMO)

your hypothetical thread will be deleted. we have the opportunity for advertisers to represent themselves here. if they choose not to, i cant justify them receiving this free exposure on a forum i provide with my money and time. your not trusting this forum is your decision. i can assure you that myself and the mods have an impeccable reputation and have been leaders in the rakeback business for several years. when thisisthenuts has questions, he IM's me for answers(used to), just a little about me and my site/sites.

i will also objectively say, that both sites you mention are both reliable and provide a top notch service. if you want forum discussion about them, go somewhere they advertise, rakerebatereview.com

morg.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:35 PM

Im sorry, but are you saying that the players accounts are frozen or the affiliates accounts are frozen?

How can the affiliates who signed up under CPC be frozen and not CPC for singing them up?
Old 10-18-2005, 07:02 PM

the affilaite accounts opened up under cpc are frozen. meaning the affilaites arent getting stats for their players. so the players arent receiving rakeback.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the affilaite accounts opened up under cpc are frozen. meaning the affilaites arent getting stats for their players. so the players arent receiving rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did Party or CPC volunteer this information to you? If not, how do you know?