Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-17-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Update

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Overall I like it, it is very very smooth and has a kind of smoky aftertaste. But honestly, I've drank johnny black on the rocks a few times before and I don't know if a bottle of blue label is worth the $100 difference.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know nothing about scotch, don't even know what "neat" means or how to drink it, and are unsure if the extra $100 is worth it. Pehaps a Cosmopolitan is more your style.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow dude, not only did you just make me feel like a worthless waste of human flesh, but you made yourself look uber-cool and hip...you are all that is man

NH and TY - Jags

[/ QUOTE ]
Just pointing out facts. You're the one trying to be hip by picking up expensive bottles of booze. Pehaps a Shirley Temple?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true. Why are buying expensive alcohol if you don't know sh!t about it? I don't know anything about wine and I wouldn't spend more than $30 on it unless I was getting laid.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Overall I like it, it is very very smooth and has a kind of smoky aftertaste. But honestly, I've drank johnny black on the rocks a few times before and I don't know if a bottle of blue label is worth the $100 difference.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know nothing about scotch, don't even know what "neat" means or how to drink it, and are unsure if the extra $100 is worth it. Pehaps a Cosmopolitan is more your style.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow dude, not only did you just make me feel like a worthless waste of human flesh, but you made yourself look uber-cool and hip...you are all that is man

NH and TY - Jags

[/ QUOTE ]
Just pointing out facts. You're the one trying to be hip by picking up expensive bottles of booze. Pehaps a Shirley Temple?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true. Why are buying expensive alcohol if you don't know sh!t about it? I don't know anything about wine and I wouldn't spend more than $30 on it unless I was getting laid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly didn't know that you couldn't buy an expensive bottle of booze without being an aficianado, my bad. I'm sure when you were 23 you were a fkin connoisseur of scotch and were buying Blue Label by the case. I'm simply not on your level.

And dude, I hate to break it to you, but its $150 a bottle, not $10k. Lighten up.

- Jags
Old 12-18-2005, 12:26 AM

When you guys mention adding water to good booze, you aren't talking tap water are you?
Old 12-18-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Re: How to drink Johnny Walker Blue

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with a splash of water, from a brandy snifter or similar glass.

edit: if not, neat (ie straight from the bottle) is far better than on the rocks - when its cold, your taste will be numbed, and the flavor will thus be masked.

[/ QUOTE ]

one Scotch tasting and he talks like he's a seasoned veteran [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

enough to make me more of a seasoned veteran than the OP, apparently [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

also, the ice -> reduction in taste is more a science nerd thing than a scotch drinker thing.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NH and TY - Jags

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly didn't know that you couldn't buy an expensive bottle of booze without being an aficianado, my bad. I'm sure when you were 23 you were a fkin connoisseur of scotch and were buying Blue Label by the case. I'm simply not on your level.

And dude, I hate to break it to you, but its $150 a bottle, not $10k. Lighten up.

- Jags

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you getting all offensive? Alcohol is good for 3 things.
1. Get wasted.
2. Get laid.
3. You collect rare and expensive bottles of it.

If you want to get laid, it's understandable. If you want to get wasted, why are you buying expensive alcohol? Being drunk is being drunk whether it costs $20 or $200. You obviously are not a connoisseur. If you just wanted to try it out, there are bars that you can buy 1 drink to see how it is. But it says a lot if you have ask online how to drink a type of alcohol AFTER you paid for it.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:38 AM

OK I guess I'll just agree to disagree with you and think you're a douche.

NH - Jags
Old 12-18-2005, 12:40 AM

yay an alcohol post. I didn't want to start a new thread involviong alcohol, so here goes:

Alright, im a little drunk, so leniancy is in order. Tomorrow I leave for home at 7 in the morning, so I'm staying at my uncle's house near the Long Beach airport. He was invited to a christmas party across the street, unfortunately, he is really sick and could not make it. He sent me in his stead with my grandmother, whom I was supposed to introduce to the neighboors because my grandmorther is an 80 year old romanian nutcase and doesn't like leaving the house. I ask if they'll have beer, he says they wiull, im in. I take her over there, she's bitching in a foreign language about how she hates the people across the street. i drop her off int he house, say hi to a few yuppie douchebags and theiur semi hot wives, and go to find the keg. (not before snagging a corona from the host, who somehow thinks im 21 or doesn't care) I go out back to the keg and there are 3 guys standing around trying to figure out how to work it. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] How do you get through college and not know how to work a keg? Im a godam freshman and I know. So I get beers for all of them, and it is this really bitter Sierra stuff. Eww. So I drink around 4 of those while talking to these guys about real estate in california. Then I see these hot 20 somethings go iknto the house. I bid adieu to my yuppie douchebag freinds, and go in to talk to those two. I talk to one of them a while and am feeling good when I let it drunkenly slip that I am a freshman. WEhoops. Now the host is pouring hard drinks for people (i down a few), and I end of hitting on the hot wife of one of the yuppies. This is where it turns bad. Im 18. The hjot moms daughter comes in, who has been sitting in the other room with her young friends. Ummmmmm shes 15, kinda hot, yada yada. She starts ta;lking to me and we go to the bathroom and make out. I get out when I start to feel bad and I see my grandmother drinking her fourth glass of wine. Now she's drunk and so am i so i tell her that we are leaving. We somehow make it back across the street and into the house, where i start up my computer to finish sweating CardsharpCook pwn the Grand Tournament V.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:49 AM

Dear JAA,

Don't listen to the haters. I'd get pretty pissed too if some random d-bag started giving me crap for drinking what I wanted to drink. Try holding the scotch to your nose and inhaling a big breath as you take a sip. Flavor is partly olfactory and this may enhance your tasting pleasure.

-mp
Old 12-18-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK I guess I'll just agree to disagree with you and think you're a douche.

NH - Jags

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be a douche, but at least I'm not an idiot and asking how to drink alcohol. But hey, at least you'll look cool having a bottle of JW. Just hope no one asks you how to drink it! HAHAHAHAHHAA!
Old 12-18-2005, 01:21 AM

Virtually any Scotch drinker would tell you that for $150, you could have gotten 3 bottles of something good. But at least you're enjoying it, no matter how.

Next time, just realize that the most expensive is not necessarily the best, but just the most expensive. I am convinced that if I could figure a way to market it, I could sell toilet paper for $20 a roll, just because some people would be conviced it was better because it was $20 a roll.