Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Empire Poker writing off bad checks?

You are a funny bunny.

Merry Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2005, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Occasionally I would bounce a check, and get an email + phone call telling me i had to pay up which i always did. Right before i left Empire (about 6 months ago) I deposited $100 via eChecks which was return because i didnt have the funds in my checking account. I ignored the emails and phone calls and after a month never heard a word from them again. I have since closed that checking account.

Now what i did is wrong and i realise this but it brings up a question. I went back to empire over month ago and for the hell of it tried to deposit $1000 using the echecks. I no longer have the checking account and really didnt think it was going to work

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you have a gambling problem, either that or you are just an idiot
Old 11-23-2005, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so I got a small check for about $250 from empire for a cash out about 6 weeks ago and it bounced. First time from any poker site and I have played on 40 different sites. They never contacted me but when I emailed them they told me a replacement check was in the mail and it did come a few days later. They said that there was a problem with that account, I guess they are having lots of problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

DOes this concern any of the high limit players on empire? I have a few thousand on empire but that's pennis compared to some 100/200 and such players.

I've had the strange feeling like empire is gonna go pokershare on us one day - anyone else have this concern opinion? I've asked this qustion a bunch of times and nobody gives me an answer.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've had the strange feeling like empire is gonna go pokershare on us one day

[/ QUOTE ]

That would mean they'll pay you your balance before they disappear...
Old 11-23-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've had the strange feeling like empire is gonna go pokershare on us one day

[/ QUOTE ]

That would mean they'll pay you your balance before they disappear...

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently with checks that will bounce.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:37 PM

Most people, including me, got checks from Pokershare that were cleared without a hitch.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so I got a small check for about $250 from empire for a cash out about 6 weeks ago and it bounced. First time from any poker site and I have played on 40 different sites. They never contacted me but when I emailed them they told me a replacement check was in the mail and it did come a few days later. They said that there was a problem with that account, I guess they are having lots of problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

DOes this concern any of the high limit players on empire? I have a few thousand on empire but that's pennis compared to some 100/200 and such players.

I've had the strange feeling like empire is gonna go pokershare on us one day - anyone else have this concern opinion? I've asked this qustion a bunch of times and nobody gives me an answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Empire is completely healthy financially, you don't have to worry. It's just unclear what network they are going to use. I would guess iPoker since they also own Noble Poker. No worries-check out there financials. EOL is publically traded company in the UK.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DOes this concern any of the high limit players on empire?

[/ QUOTE ]
You always have to consider the source and FWIW I take anything somebody with two posts says with a salt shaker

Also I would think it is uncommon for most regular 2+2 types to be a regular depositer especally with e-checks. So what motive does this guy have to come on here and spread this sort of rumor?
Old 11-23-2005, 04:36 PM

It is possible they just sold the debt to a collection agency, which will soon make your life a living hell. Have fun with that.