Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: What\'s With This DERB?

I think it's because he seems to make many losing plays yet the sum adds up to winning. That is, indeed, curious. And empty out your PMs.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's because he seems to make many losing plays yet the sum adds up to winning. That is, indeed, curious. And empty out your PMs.

[/ QUOTE ]

pms empty. god that is annoying.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't post here ever because I play NL, but do read a lot of the threads here because there are some great posters. You guys are going crazy over this.

He doesn't play the standard 2p2 style and people are going off the deep end. Accusing him of cheating, chip dumping, collusion, are you kidding?

What exactly is the fascination with this player? 2p2 is not the mecca of the poker world. This forum does not set the standard of what a poker player should do. There is much more to this game than playing tight and relatively unimaginative poker with playing a ton of tables. That style is certainly profitable and it's basically what I do, but the sheer disbelief that people have been showing is shocking.

In all seriousness I don't understand why he has gotten so much attention. Is it really that earth shattering to you guys that someone is bucking the general trend of 2p2? Someone clear this up for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo # 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're totally missing the point. He's probably the only consistently winning regular player in the party 30/60 (which is a huge player pool) with a vpip over 25 and he's in the 30's and crushing the game. This is a major anamoly without considering 2+2 at all. I don't think theres anything illegitimate going on, but his results are certainly surprising enough to call that into question and what allows him to win with the kind of stats that generally mark a fish in that game is a very interesting and important topic.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't post here ever because I play NL, but do read a lot of the threads here because there are some great posters. You guys are going crazy over this.

He doesn't play the standard 2p2 style and people are going off the deep end. Accusing him of cheating, chip dumping, collusion, are you kidding?

What exactly is the fascination with this player? 2p2 is not the mecca of the poker world. This forum does not set the standard of what a poker player should do. There is much more to this game than playing tight and relatively unimaginative poker with playing a ton of tables. That style is certainly profitable and it's basically what I do, but the sheer disbelief that people have been showing is shocking.

In all seriousness I don't understand why he has gotten so much attention. Is it really that earth shattering to you guys that someone is bucking the general trend of 2p2? Someone clear this up for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo # 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

If people who don't even play mid and high stakes hold 'em could please refrain from ever posting in this forum again, I'd really appreciate it. You all sound like morons, especially people who come in with their authoritative "bingo" posts who likely don't even understand what is being argued. You people aren't providing revolutionary new insight. Most of these things have been considered and discussed ad naseum.

Nobody with a clue places cheating/chip dumping as the #1 or 2 most likely scenarios. It's highly likely that he is a small winner(or a loser, but let's find a middle ground) who is running insanely hot. We really don't need any more long retarded threads that are filled with opinions of self-righteous people who think they are going to finally be the voice of reason that makes everyone else see the light.
-James
Old 11-07-2005, 04:22 PM

I'm not trying to say it's not a big deal, it pretty clearly is, but do you see my point about the general attitude this forum has displayed towards him?

I also liked how people didn't believe it at first and tried to explain it by him just being a statistical outlier. "No! It can't be true! I'll go do some math and try to justify that it's not possible!"

I'm not saying people shouldn't talk about it at all, the player is pretty clearly a special case.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: This is why I am done with 2+2 until this recent trend subsides . . .

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps he has some knowledge of other people's hole cards, and protects that knowledge by only using it some of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, he plays a little different than most cookie-cutter 2+2 followers, and now he's a cheater.

Dcifer and I have discussed his play and the methods to his madness in prior threads, yet I still have to read all this useless bullsh*t.

I have no problem beating DERB when he sits at a 5-6 handed game, and over the last couple weeks that Ginji fellow has paid for about 1/2 of my new Cadillac.

Can we PLEASE end these ridiculous posts?

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this like the 4th time you've "left" 2+2?

- Jags
Old 11-07-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If people who don't even play mid and high stakes hold 'em could please refrain from ever posting in this forum again, I'd really appreciate it. You all sound like morons, especially people who come in with their authoritative "bingo" posts who likely don't even understand what is being argued. You people aren't providing revolutionary new insight. Most of these things have been considered and discussed ad naseum.

Nobody with a clue places cheating/chip dumping as the #1 or 2 most likely scenarios. It's highly likely that he is a small winner(or a loser, but let's find a middle ground) who is running insanely hot. We really don't need any more long retarded threads that are filled with opinions of self-righteous people who think they are going to finally be the voice of reason that makes everyone else see the light.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]
Bingo
Old 11-07-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bingo

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo
Old 11-07-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo # 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I have no clue. Nevermind.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We really don't need any more long retarded threads that are filled with opinions of self-righteous people who think they are going to finally be the voice of reason that makes everyone else see the light

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... 'scuse me, but... uhm... aw forget it.

CLAP-CLAP- N - G - O