Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: closing my office due to weather ---HAHA

No doubt about it ice/snow on roads in Texas is bad news, we don't know how to drive in that [censored].
Old 12-08-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we did have a couple days that broke 100 this summer. And that's the kind of heat where your armpits start sweating when you think about going outside.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you're calling them pussies

I grew up in Richmond, VA and in the summers it was constantly 100ºF and 100% humidity.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We get plenty of hot humid weather in August up here, thank you. This summer was pretty bad too. Lot of high 90 days. At least we don't flip out and shut down the city for a little ice. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much of you highway budget goes for ice/snow removal? Now imagine if it was 0%.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we did have a couple days that broke 100 this summer. And that's the kind of heat where your armpits start sweating when you think about going outside.

[/ QUOTE ]

It stays a high of 100 for a month or more straight. This is a little more than a week long "hot streak" you get in Wisconsin. It was 90 a week ago still.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We get plenty of hot humid weather in August up here, thank you. This summer was pretty bad too. Lot of high 90 days. At least we don't flip out and shut down the city for a little ice. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much of you highway budget goes for ice/snow removal? Now imagine if it was 0%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ice is far worse than snow, anyway. I would rather have 4 inches of snow than 1/4 inch of ice.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and you're calling them pussies

I grew up in Richmond, VA and in the summers it was constantly 100ºF and 100% humidity.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, we take our heat and accept it. We don't start closing gov't buildings...
Old 12-09-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, we've had 9 feet of snow in the last 2 weeks and the high today was around 5, I think. Schools were closed for one day during this time, I highly doubt any businesses were. Of course, this is Colorado, where these are just common occurrences in winter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was out there last week. On Wednesday, I was trying to get from Vail to Frisco when I got stuck near the summit of Vail Pass. I had never seen "whiteout" conditions before last Wednesday and you could see nothing but white. My gf snapped a picture of it. Anyway, I'm in a [censored] Chevy Impala and there's about 2 feet of snow on I-70. Fortunately, the plow came through before I got hungry enough to eat my girlfriend. It was really romantic....two people stuck in an incredible blizzard thinking about eating each other.