Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 12:07 AM

Default I saved you $9.50 tonight

That's right. I saw the movie "Rent". So you don't have to. God was that awful. I was not much into musicals until I saw Moulin Rouge, which was freaking fabulous. But this ... BLECH.

Anyone else share my misfortune?
Old 11-27-2005, 12:15 AM

Default Re: I saved you $9.50 tonight

[ QUOTE ]
That's right. I saw the movie "Rent". So you don't have to. God was that awful. I was not much into musicals until I saw Moulin Rouge, which was freaking fabulous. But this ... BLECH.

Anyone else share my misfortune?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I just saw it tonight and enjoyed it immensely.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:47 AM

There's already a thread about this.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:47 AM

Haven't seen the movie but I want to. I saw it on stage in DC and loved it so I've been looking forward to the movie.

Did you not like it cus the movie was bad or did you just not like the plot/characters/songs? That'd give me a good idea of whether to see it or not.

On second though, my blonde friend with big boobies wants to see it with me... who cares if its awful [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't seen the movie but I want to. I saw it on stage in DC and loved it so I've been looking forward to the movie.

Did you not like it cus the movie was bad or did you just not like the plot/characters/songs? That'd give me a good idea of whether to see it or not.

On second though, my blonde friend with big boobies wants to see it with me... who cares if its awful [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My sister saw the movie last night (we both saw the musical a few years ago) and said that it's really good if you liked the musical. She said, however, that the movie is not nearly as emotionally draining as the stage production was. I would imagine that it mostly has to do with the fact that you're watching a movie instead of real life, but she's too dumb to explain WHY she felt that way, so I'm just guessing.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:30 PM

You will like it if you saw the play because of the familiarity. My theatre was loaded with people who had seen the show, including my wife, and they seemed to love it. But it fails to stand alone as movie. What they did was basically film the play. What may have worked well on stage did not translate well to the screen. Many of the reviews said the same thing.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's already a thread about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, it didn't come up when I used the "search" function prior to posting. My suggestion to you, my friend, is that if there is a thread about something already, you not respond and let the thread die, as it likely will if there is a prior thread, rather than bumping it to the top by responding.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:38 PM

Im straight, therefore you didnt save me a dime.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im straight, therefore you didnt save me a dime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats his name?