Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 07:25 AM

Default Aces under fire

no real read on villain, hadnt done anything stupid yet

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 4 handed) converter

SB ($47.81)
BB ($26.75)
UTG ($27.75)
Hero ($49.90)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.35) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, UTG is all in for 22.75 more, Hero???

how does it look up to now? should i have just pushed after his min-reraise instead of popping it to $10?
Old 10-03-2005, 07:42 AM

Default Re: Aces under fire

If you don't fold to the minraise, definitely fold to the push. I don't like the reraise either. If you're still ahead, you can make more money by calling. If he's killing you, you're bleeding chips.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't fold to the minraise, definitely fold to the push. I don't like the reraise either. If you're still ahead, you can make more money by calling. If he's killing you, you're bleeding chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

you really dont reraise his minraise? i find that lots of times guys will try to get cute like that and pick off a continuation bet, and sometimes do the same thing with a draw. i dont really like giving a free card there. as i played it i did indeed fold the to the push.

if i were to flat call and he checks again how do you like pushing any non-spade/non-K turn?

anyone else have another line?
Old 10-04-2005, 03:44 AM

I fold. UTG has 55/66. Unless he's getting crazy aggro with KQ, which I don't see many players doing here.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold. UTG has 55/66. Unless he's getting crazy aggro with KQ, which I don't see many players doing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what i had him on
Old 10-04-2005, 09:20 AM

Just call the check-min.raise and re-evaluate turn.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:23 AM

You call of course
Old 10-04-2005, 10:58 AM

This is a tough one. You said he hadn't done anything stupid, and limping in with a pocket pair in a four handed game seems less than intelligent, unless he was just mixing up his play. In a four handed game any pocket pair is probably in the lead preflop, so any decent player would probably raise with them. But if he also had any king with a decent kicker he also would have (or should have) raised instead of limping. I mean, any decent player knows to be aggressive in short handed play, especially with wired pairs and high cards, so his limping is leading me to believe that he's got 5-6, or possibly pushing on a draw, hoping you're bluffing, or that you'll lay down a hand like kx. Depends on your table image as well. When I'm playing aggressively and raising a lot of pots, people will easily push all in when I raise the pot and they've got top pair and kickers like 9 or 10. To me it would come down to the hands he's shown down and the pot odds. If he's shown down kx in raised pots, give him credit for k6 or k5. If he's aggressive, you don't have to give him much credit for anything. A couple dollars preflop, 2 raise, 4 reraise, 10 reraise, all in for him means it's just about 10 dollars to you (if he started with 28 dollars). 2+2+4+10+20=38. 10 dollars to you. 3.8-1 odds. You need to determine his range of hands and whether or not there is a 3.8-1 chance you're beat, or at least 3.8-1 chance your hand will be best by the river. It's a tough game...so many factors to consider...
Old 10-04-2005, 11:06 AM

bets for info that price you in to call a push when you intend to fold to a push aren't good.

just call the minbet and reevaluate.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:36 AM

call the mini-raise and see what happens on the turn...