Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you?
You're messed up. 33 17.01%
No 35 18.04%
Yes 126 64.95%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Blinds Steal or be Stolen

I often find myself at 6 max tables, either 3/6 or 5/10. I am more successful at 5/10 than 3/6 but I attribute this to aggression factors. I play a pretty good game at this level but have some very basic questions...
I generally play very aggressive and loosen up a little at my 6 max tables.
What do you do in these situations...

At a 6 max table should you...
Old 07-27-2005, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Blinds Steal or be Stolen

Half of these questions are just ridiculous. Yes, you should play more loosely than you would at a full table. Obviously. The questions that aren't a waste of time have all been answered and discussed, both in the archives and probably in the past couple days.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:52 AM

I looked through 2 days of archives and couldnt find anything
the reason I asked the questions is because I get myself in trouble with blinds. I think I defend to loosely and end up getting caught in hands.

What are you doing in this situation when you hit middle pair and an aggressive raiser?

I like aggressive play, but Its hard to determine if my mediocre hands like q 10, or j10 are profiting me. Also, since everyone knows that 6 max tables play looser, dont they play them looser as well. They will be more willing to tangle with your mediocre hands with theirs. Q9 off now becomes difficult because you know Q10 is playing a raise with it.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:00 AM

here

here
Easy peesy lemon squeezy.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:09 AM

thanks!
I usually stick to micro limti posting but this question seemed to be specific to shp.
Is there anything in pokertracker that helps you track blind protection profits/losses???????
cdl
Old 07-27-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am more successful at 5/10 than 3/6 but I attribute this to aggression factors.

[/ QUOTE ]
Aggressive variance maybe.

/mc
Old 07-27-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Half of these questions are just ridiculous. Yes, you should play more loosely than you would at a full table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? (Serious question.)

My opening standards are the same from each position (relative to the button) in a full game and a 6 max game.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:39 AM

Default short handed poker book?

I appreciate the nicer responses here. Im a solid player, but I have a streaky game at the 6 max tables and want to try to find and fix some leaks, anyone heard of a short handed poker book????????????????????
Old 07-27-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the reason I asked the questions is because I get myself in trouble with blinds. I think I defend to loosely and end up getting caught in hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably because a 2+2 definition of defending your blinds rigorously is much tighter than the average party 6max player. Of my button steal attempts, less than 15% have resulted in both blinds folding. This corresponds to fbbs and fsbs of something like 25 and 50% respectively.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:13 PM

"Play exactly the same from MP in 6max as you would from MP in a full game" != "play exactly the same from in MP at 6max as you would from MP3 in a full game."

That's a bit semantic, but if he's brand-spanking new to 6max, he might not realize that. In addition, our play is as much - if not more - defined by our opponents' play as it is the number of opponents. Typically, 6max players are a good deal looser and free and easy with coming into pots than full ring players. Thus, you should play more hands as well.

My initial acerbic response was because I remembered a handful of blind posts, specifically, from just the past couple of days, so it seemed that not a whole lot of effort had been put into searching the archives.