Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 10:12 PM

Default dealing w/ sprint pcs.

i have a cell phone and the battery is practically dead. ive had it for 11 months and it's still under warranty for a month. just got off the phone w/ sprint and they told me to take it by a store to have it looked at.

i checked their website and they dont sell this model any more though. it's the Motorala MM700 if anyone cares. it 'retailed' for $400 and they've since come out w/ newer models.

will sprint dust off some old batteries for out of circulation phones or will i be able to get a new phone at free/reduced price?

anyone work/have experience dealing w/ sprint? comments or suggestions?

bwana
Old 09-12-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Re: dealing w/ sprint pcs.

People who work at Sprint stores got their applications rejected at the supermarket and Home Depot and Kinkos. The last time I darkened a Sprint store's door, I ended up storming out. I am not the only one I know who has had these experiences. My advice would be: go in with all your guns blazing, and ask for a manager immediately. I've tried the "you catch more flies with honey" approach with these morans and it doesn't work because they're too stupid.

God, I hate the Sprint store.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:48 PM

whoa. i wasnt trying to flame sprint. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] i do have my fair share of stores i hate though. well two in particular but that's for another thread.

i really just want to make sure i get a working phone and not an old battery that's going to junk out on me because it is old and then that will be out the year warranty since i bought my phone.

bwana
Old 09-12-2005, 11:53 PM

if they give you a new phone thatd be sweet. however if you only need a new battery they will surely give you one if they have one.

next time you buy a cell phone, buy it from best buy and get the service plan, its $30 and any problems with the phone if they dont have that same model they give you what you originally paid towards a new one (as long as you keep the receipt, otherwise they give you current retail value)

I've done this three times and resulted in me getting a top of the line phone for like $50.

and I wouldnt suggest going in there all pissed about it, that will just piss them off and make them more inclined to not help you.

when I get into situations like this im very cool about it and explain my position and what would make me happy, usually they go along with it or as close as they can. dont expect much more, you're not that important.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:07 AM

alright thanks for the advice. ill go by later this week and see how it goes. if anything noteworthy happens ill post a trip report at the end of this thread.

[ QUOTE ]
you're not that important.

[/ QUOTE ]

you do realize im bwana devil, don't you?

bwana [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]