Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: tunica trip

Also - as has been mentioned in previous threads....the buffet at the Horseshoe is really good (probably the best in Tunica).

If you play in the Horseshoe room for just a coupleof hours you can go to the desk and ask for a buffet comp (they'll even comp you for 2) and they'll just give it to you (you need to go sign-up for a players-card first I think).

This is VERY different than most places where you will NOT get a free buffet just for playing for a couple of hours....but at the Horseshoe it's common...and I think they'll do it for you at the Gold Strike if you ask the right person (but I prefer the Horseshoe buffet anyway).

I doubt you'll be able to score a steak-dinner comp unless you are playing $100+/hand blackjack or something.

But it's worth it to eat at the Steak-house at the Horseshoe...and the Gold Strike's Steakhouse is just as good.
Be sure to make reservations earlier in the day though or else you'll be waiting a long time to get a table (especially on the weekends).
Obviously you'll be paying $25-$30 or so for a steak and more for wine....but it really is pretty damn good.

GF and i finally tried to the Horseshoe steak-house for the first time just last night and we both agreed that we liked the food and the atmosphere a lot (but we also liked the Gold Strike steak-house a lot as well).

I was going to post a brief report elsewhere...but here is as good a place as any.
GF was bored when we went to the poker-room for a little while (we hadn't done that before...always was BJ or roulette, and she pretty much just enjoys talking to others and/or watching me play).
I had AA cracked by 43s....I turned a full-house with AJ and split the pot....AK hits K-high but loses to K2 2-pair (same girl who cracked my AA...which was on the very next hand actually).

Amazing part was that the Horseshoe and Gold Strike hotels were BOTH sold-out on a Monday. It was a spur-of-the-moment 'lets get out of town' trip because she had a couple days off...so I didn't call in advance. It's a Monday for crying-out-loud.
We went outside and I looked up at the 90-zillion stories at the gold strike and asked her "how the hell is this place sold-out??"

Next time we'll know in advance to call...because we went from place to place for about an hour (waiting in line and parking and what-not) before finally something.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:28 PM

Default Re: tunica trip

thanks alot for all the info it was very helpful! hopefully it will work out well and I can make some money. thanks again