Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Can You Call This down.

I agree with Roland's post about folding 5th, boards are decently scary, and you aren't losing anybody. The only thing you have going for you is that you haven't seen one of your other two queens yet, but there no guarantee trips w/o being filled are winning this pot.

I think not raising 3rd is fine, given your read on seats 5 and 8 as loose callers, it doesn't seem like you're losing them, and once they call, seats 1 and 2 are staying in the hand because the pot is too big to fold 3rd.

Of course if there was a completion ahead of you, by all means, raise away.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Can You Call This down.

It is true that 5th street presents me with 3 hands that could all be better than mine at this point. I could be looking at aces from seat 1 or a flush draw, and from seat 2 i could be looking at a flush or draw or kings and seat 5, the wild card hand of this hand has a pair on board, so i know he is not going anywhere.

But, and this is a big but, I still belived that at this point I still had the best hand. I just wasn't certain of it becasue seat 5 is really bugging me out with his hand and position on me. Everything I do will always be before seat 5 acts and that could create problems for me.

Becasue I think I might have the best and the pot is large, I decide to play on. Perhaps a raise on 5th might have done some good stuff for me.