Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Trying to get a PLO game going at Lucky Chances?

Cool, the more names, the better.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:47 PM

There are two names on the board as of this morning, let's keep it up!
Old 11-18-2005, 10:47 PM

The PLO game that was previously spread at LC was $5/$5 blind PLO with alternating rounds of PLO and PLO/8. The game would change everytime the button passed the dealer. The game was played every Wed night. Dont rememeber what the minimum buyin was but there was no cap (This was well before the abomination that is capped big bet poker hit B+M cardrooms)

For a while there would be 2 games usually with the 2nd game a must move.

What killed the game was the $10/$20 O/8 game that they started to spread on the same night. That took away a large number of the players from the PLO game.

LC is pretty far away from me but I would go and play again if there was a set night when the game would be spread.

I also know some of the other people that used to play in the game and they would probably be willing to play also if there was a set night.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:32 AM

I dont see why a pot limit game would need to have a capped buyin, or any game for that matter.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The PLO game that was previously spread at LC was $5/$5 blind PLO with alternating rounds of PLO and PLO/8. The game would change everytime the button passed the dealer. The game was played every Wed night. Dont rememeber what the minimum buyin was but there was no cap (This was well before the abomination that is capped big bet poker hit B+M cardrooms)

For a while there would be 2 games usually with the 2nd game a must move.

What killed the game was the $10/$20 O/8 game that they started to spread on the same night. That took away a large number of the players from the PLO game.

LC is pretty far away from me but I would go and play again if there was a set night when the game would be spread.

I also know some of the other people that used to play in the game and they would probably be willing to play also if there was a set night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the post. You provided a ton of great info about the previous game. I don't imagine the new game (if it gets started) will be that large. It will probably be a capped buy-in. I don't see management opening a game without a cap, they wouldn't open the game without the cap since it would die so quickly.

Those people who played previously and are interested should call the poker floor and put their names on the list. I think management will get serious about it once there are enough names up there.

If we ever get this game going, I'm probably going to advocate a Wednesday afternoon start time.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont see why a pot limit game would need to have a capped buyin, or any game for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Management always wants a game to last as long as possible and for big bet games, a cap is the best way to keep the game going.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:26 PM

I put my name up to make it a whopping total of like 6 names, then it got erased to make room like an hour later. This game is most likely not going to happen. I'm perfectly happy with their regular NL game any way.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:18 PM

Actually I believe the old PLO game was spread on Tuesday since thats when they had the Omaha/8 tourn. They have the knowledge within the management and Dealers that have been there 3-4 + yrs.

Players that played in it were mostly from the east bay and SJ that came for the tourn. They were all pretty solid too. Just waiting on 1-2 fish to try it from the tourn.

Capping the Buy-in on PLO could be terrible. I dont see how it could be a decent game at all. PLO is a drawing game, pots are built. It wouldnt take too long and a few larg stacks would have a HUGE advantage in drawing where the re-buyers could never "get even". And with the large amount of draws in givin hands, then missing for a while, I would expect some to give up on quit the game.

Just doesnt seem right to cap PLO. I understand the "sustaining the game" reasons well. Good luck tho! I love PLO and would jump in if I was up there visiting the old stomping grounds.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:45 AM

Stupid Lucky Chances erased all the names. Screw em. Everyone play at Artichoke Joe's.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:32 AM

AJ's will never spread some random game that you want them to spread, but I still like them better than LC.