Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 11:31 PM

Default semi-bluff c/r on turn

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Villian will fold before showdown. His WTSD is 22% but sample is not very large at all. I have played with him a few sessions however and he is capable of folding.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Small pot but I think its big enough to take one off.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

My c/r costs the same as calling the turn and river except I may get lucky and take it down right here. Any thoughts on this play? I kind of liked it given my read.

River: (7.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

hero checks/folds river.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
Old 11-19-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Re: semi-bluff c/r on turn

[ QUOTE ]

My c/r costs the same as calling the turn and river except I may get lucky and take it down right here. Any thoughts on this play? I kind of liked it given my read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you really planning on calling the river UI?
Old 11-19-2005, 11:42 PM

Didn't plan on calling the river unimproved. I wanted to take it down before river. Plus a one card straight is possible after the river card comes.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:43 AM

i hate it. Assume villian is a straightforward player most of the time w/o a better read. VIllian is not folding a better hand to that 6 of hearts on the turn. This semi bluff may be better off, if say the turn card was higher than an 8.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:51 AM

Don't really like it given the nature of the board. He's never folding top pair or better, and while it would be nice to fold 77, 55, or 44, some of these hands have a gutshot and/or aren't folding as well, because this is .10/.20.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:54 AM

I love check-raising losers off of pots. At 1/2 6-max it can be done on a total bluff (on rare ocassions). However, you need a scare card to do it...a third suited card, four straight cards, an ace...something. I don't think anyone's folding on this board.