Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Opening Lines for Chicks @ Coffee Shops

"Would you like some cream for your coffee?"
Old 11-15-2005, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
was saying i didn't write her number down...that would be creepy. but i should have because it would have been funny

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually did something like this once, although be forewarned that my story has a disappointing ending. I was riding the subway to work one morning, and some guy struck up a converation with this girl. The girl seemed pretty uninterested, and at the end of it, as the train reached her stop, the guy asked for her number. She gave him a number, and I was absolutely convinced it was fake, so I made a point to remember it and called it later that morning, just to see.

It was her real number. I got her answering machine, though, so no awkward conversation. In retrospect, leaving a message would've been funny.

-McGee
Old 11-15-2005, 10:42 AM

I always just ask them about whatever happens to be on my mind at the moment. My throat is shot to hell and has been in a lot of pain for the past few days, so I ran out yesterday to Starbucks to get a tea and lounge and read. I was thinking about how long it'd be since I'd been to a Starbucks as opposed to making my own coffee, and from there how long it'd been since I had a soda since I swore it off for the summer and now find it appalling. Super cute girl was spotted and I went up to her and asked her if she remembered Crystal Pepsi. We laughed and chatted and I ended up not touching my book. And yes, I got her number. Anything that can bring up extreme emotions (love/hate) is going to be good. Things that can quickly or immediately lead to her having a "omg I [LOVE, can't STAND] _____" reaction.

GoT
Old 11-15-2005, 10:45 AM

"want to go out for a cup of coffee now?"
Old 11-15-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I always just ask them about whatever happens to be on my mind at the moment. My throat is shot to hell and has been in a lot of pain for the past few days, so I ran out yesterday to Starbucks to get a tea and lounge and read. I was thinking about how long it'd be since I'd been to a Starbucks as opposed to making my own coffee, and from there how long it'd been since I had a soda since I swore it off for the summer and now find it appalling. Super cute girl was spotted and I went up to her and asked her if she remembered Crystal Pepsi. We laughed and chatted and I ended up not touching my book. And yes, I got her number. Anything that can bring up extreme emotions (love/hate) is going to be good. Things that can quickly or immediately lead to her having a "omg I [LOVE, can't STAND] _____" reaction.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

good post.

blake
Old 11-15-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I often opened to girls in bars and stuff with 'you look interesting, can I talk to you for a bit?'

It sounds lame, but there you go. And yes, they did look interesting to me, if you're wondering

I'd also try and get them guessing what I did for a job, and when it turned to what they did, I'd ask to feel their hands (on the pretext of using it as a way to guess), and touch their fingers very delicately but firmly, if that makes sense (your pretext is callouses etc, but you say stuff like 'oh your skin is so soft and delicate...' stuff). And usually continued talking while still rubbing their hands gently with mine.

Damn, I used to be smooth...

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, remind me not to be out trying to pick up chicks with you two unless I want to take a bullet for the team...

Diebitter....U better have all the lines ready for Saturday - I wanna see you in action...u have definitely set yourself a precedent....
Old 11-15-2005, 11:02 AM

The Dale Carnegie method: people are interested in themselves.

Anything you can say to get her talking about herself is gold; where she got her blouse, anything. Then, just act interested and keep lobbing open questions, i.e. not 'yes' or 'no', actually listen to her answers. You just became the best conversationalist she ever met.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Hi! How's it going?" and a nice smile, as opposed to inane grin or evil leer.

I'm not kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does that really work? It seems so... simple. I'll try it out tomorrow and give you a trip report. I have to say that despite my dashing good lucks, I have low expectations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eye contact. Don't forget eye contact.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Hi! How's it going?" and a nice smile, as opposed to inane grin or evil leer.

I'm not kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does that really work? It seems so... simple. I'll try it out tomorrow and give you a trip report. I have to say that despite my dashing good lucks, I have low expectations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eye contact. Don't forget eye contact.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

"Wow, can you pick up Tokyo with those?"
Old 11-15-2005, 11:15 AM

This one works well, especially at coffee shops: "My love for you is like diarrhea. I can't hold it in."