Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: How are you guys doing here?

i can only say the same thing so many times. you want the forum moderated a certain way. many others, including regular posters, do not. you keep declaring that this is a strategy forum. but being a strategy forum does not require all posts be strategy related. perhaps youd like to head to mid-high to discuss how often stoxtrader plays online? or pot-limit, no-limit to see how much money matusow has lost lately?

when i started moderating i specifically asked if i should do what you suggest. i based my moderation on the feedback i got in that thread. there was significant opposition. by the looks of it there still is, just based on the responses to the last thread you started and this one, not to mention the proliferation of the nc/lc threads. if you show me a thread where there is significant onesided support for this type of moderation, ill do it.

[ QUOTE ]
then what is the point of having a moderator.

[/ QUOTE ]

enforcing the terms. deleting spam, deleting personal attacks, removing filter blocks, moving things that will get a better response in another forum, making sure everyone sees those expensive ads at the top of the page.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if the moderator is not removing posts that say "how are you guys doing here?" then what is the point of having a moderator.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd really like to see some hand posts from you, you know a lot about the game, sharing some would be a good thing. I agree with your stance for the mostpart.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:17 AM

man, it's GUIDO!
Old 09-13-2005, 09:43 AM

Hi Rory,

I'm sorry about this somewhat useless post. After I made that post, I read your HUSH moderator post and I immediately looked when you posted it. I was hoping my post wasn't the reason you made that one.

I haven't played for about a month and before that, I played full ring for a few weeks so it's been a while since I made a contribution to this forum. I just wanted to let the regulars know that I will try to play some 6-max again after work and maybe post some hands that might be interesting. I also noticed that there are a lot of posts from players I don't know but I was wondering if there were any interesting threads in the last 4-8 weeks. So I don't have to go through all of them [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Again, I'm sorry and I hope you will contribute again too. I like your posts, most of the time [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Thanks,

Guido
Old 09-13-2005, 01:31 PM

I just want to hear more about the backpacking! I haven't had the opportunity to get out of the country yet, and I am about to graduate from college this spring.

Trying to figure out where I should go for the few months/a year before I start working.

Hate to add to the off-topic discussion, but what would you all suggest?
Old 09-13-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think veteran members should have special privileges. I don't care about the lives or downswings of people who have only been here a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If you've been around here for at least a year and/or have over a thousand posts to your name (and most of them are HUSH), I don't see the point to getting one's panties in a bunch if you post an LC thread now and again.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:48 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

IMO

any and every original post that doesn't relate to shorthanded limit hold'em strategy should be deleted or locked. some threads can be given a chance. say someone posts a LC hand where he's against a maniac who caps the river with the nut low. then a discussion breaks out about dealing with maniacs. or someone makes a running good/bad post and some decent discussion breaks out. stuff like that.

but threads like this don't contribute at all. they only knock down threads that were potentially interesting, but no one will ever read them because of longs threads like this.

nothing against you (robk) because you're doing what the majority wants. but as we all obviously know, the majority doesn't always know best.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think veteran members should have special privileges. I don't care about the lives or downswings of people who have only been here a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If you've been around here for at least a year and/or have over a thousand posts to your name (and most of them are HUSH), I don't see the point to getting one's panties in a bunch if you post an LC thread now and again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quido is one of the players that have helped me improve. Aside from that Thailand is a place i am definitely gonna visit but not soon. Prague on the other hand in 2-3 months..
Old 09-13-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nothing against you (robk) because you're doing what the majority wants. but as we all obviously know, the majority doesn't always know best.

[/ QUOTE ]

While HUSH is mostly simply a strategy forum, to some extent it's also a community, one whose members are sometimes interested in the occasional non-strategy post by long-term contributors. That is, *some* members are interested -- others, like you and rory, aren't. That's okay, but don't say that it's a mistake for much of the community to want to read the occasional LC post in here.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While HUSH is mostly simply a strategy forum, to some extent it's also a community, one whose members are sometimes interested in the occasional non-strategy post by long-term contributors. That is, *some* members are interested -- others, like you and rory, aren't. That's okay, but don't say that it's a mistake for much of the community to want to read the occasional LC post in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid I'm with Grisgra here. I don't mind the LC posts. When I spent my time in small stakes, bankroll questions and moving up questions were my favorite.

Krishan