Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 12:14 PM

Default QQ how\'s my aggression?

I haven't played that many hands against my opponent but he seems pretty tight preflop. VP$IP of about 21% and a PFR of 9%. His postflop aggression factors were pretty high but I had only about 50 hands or so. Flop 1.3, Turn 4, River 5.

After the hand was over he called me moron. Then SB in this hand, started to defend my play and said that the CO was an idiot himself. So what do you think about this hand?

Preflop: Guido is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, I raise, CO cold calls, SB calls and BB calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, I bet, CO raises, SB folds, BB folds, I 3-bet and CO calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
I bet, CO raises, I 3-bet, CO caps

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
I bet, CO raises, I call

The table was perfect after this hand [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Thanks,

Guido
Old 08-18-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: QQ how\'s my aggression?

I don't understand the purpose of the flop 3-bet.

After you hit your Q though, I'd try to cap both Turn and River.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:28 PM

I agree, the flop 3-bet is a bit shaky. I could see it if you really think CO would throw in a raise with a hand like KJ, QJ, or open-end.... Otherwise this line obligates you to throw in a bet on the turn, which you will hate if he's playing an ace. Don't expect an ace to fold.

pal
Old 08-18-2005, 04:30 PM

I think your flop three bet is rediculous. if your stats are as you say, 21/9...(small sample, i know) i'm having a hard time even calling the flop raise...i'm mucking the flop inless i have good information on the villian. just my .02
cheers
Old 08-18-2005, 05:57 PM

Your flop play is just giving money away. I'm curious about your thinking here... are you trying to move him off an ace or do you really think you have the best hand? I think the chances of the first are small and the chances of the second are even smaller.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:08 PM

No comment on the hand, but isn't Dragonballz getting a little old?

Bleach for tEhWin!

Lawrence
Old 08-18-2005, 06:19 PM

Well, I haven't been playing 30/60 that long but I've seen a lot of raises with just third pair or a gutshot or worse. I like to find out what he has early. This player seems decent preflop but might be too aggressive postflop. Just because an ace hits doesn't mean I don't have the best hand. KQ, QJ, KT, JT, T9, TT, KK are all hands that could play this way against an aggresive player. I didn't 3-bet the river, because I believe they play gutshots like this and he raised really fast on both turn and river. When I would call the raise, do I just check-fold the turn? They will bet like 95% of the time.

I could be completely wrong about this hand though. This isn't an auto 3-bet for me at all but I've seen some bizar plays at 30/60 (like limp-capping with J4s).

Thanks,

Guido
Old 08-18-2005, 06:20 PM

Yeah, haven't seen it in a few years but they still rule. Don't tell my handle [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Thanks,

Guido
Old 08-18-2005, 06:32 PM

I think you have to decide if this is T9s, 88, or him just being a retard.

To me it looks like T9s so I slow down.

Nigel

Edit: Since he calls you a moron after the hand, I assume I'm wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 07:42 PM

The flop should be folded, a call at worst. Also, reraising the flop will not "tell you where you're at." It will just cost you more money...if he has an ace he will just ensure a bet goes in every street with his position. If he has a monster, he'll raise the turn or river. It's simply a bad play...imo.

Jeff