Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Heads-Up and Short-Handed Forum FAQ
I support an FAQ that addresses posting guidelines and etiquette, but not strategy or technical topics like Variance or PokerTracker Stats. 8 30.77%
I support an FAQ that addresses posting guidelines and etiquette and also includes strategy or technical topics like Variance or PokerTracker Stats. 16 61.54%
I do not support an FAQ. 0 0%
I have no opinion on an FAQ for this forum. 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: AJo and KQo UTG

[ QUOTE ]
It might be right to play 30/60 instead of 15/30 and folding these hands at 30/60 because you win more $$$ overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think so then you obviously missed my point or ignore it as i said even if players against you play close to perfect and know precisely all hands you're raise UTG's - it's still profitable to raise these hands UTG.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Under these parameters, raising KQo UTG showed a profit of about .05 BB/hand, and raising AJo UTG showed a profit of about .15 BB/hand, over a very significant sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very glad my theoretical estimations and experience was so closely proved by simulations results. Thanks, Nate.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could ATs & KJs be put in the same category as these?

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise these ones in UTG also. Though i think with these hands difference between limping and raising is tiny. I just don't like limping and playing in unraised pots not a blind with medium hand.

- Usually at 15/30 games your UTG limp-first-in adds you around 1 limper. (You face 2.7-way flop if you raise and 3.7-4 way flop if you limp majority of time). So you must think about if a bit more than one additional limper is worth giving up initiative and play most likely your hand with fit-or-fold style.