Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Me and an other guy... HU hands in half an hour (part 1)

<font color="blue"> Hand 1 </font>

BB was a LAG, PFR was 20+% and VP$IP of 40+%.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Guido is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Guido raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Guido bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Guido checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Guido raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (7 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Guido bets</font>, BB calls.

<font color="blue"> Hand 2 </font>

Button has a PRF of 17%,a VP$IP of 30% and an aggression factor of about 2 on the flop and turn.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Guido is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Guido calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Guido checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Guido raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Guido bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Guido folds.

<font color="blue"> Hand 3 </font>

Against the same guy as in hand 2.

Preflop: Guido is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Guido completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Guido bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (3 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Guido bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Guido calls.

River: (7 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Guido checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Guido calls.

<font color="blue"> Hand 4 </font>

BB was loose 62% VP$IP and passive PFR 4.5%, postflop aggression factors of about 1.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Guido is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Guido raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Guido calls, CO folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Guido raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Guido calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Guido folds.

<font color="blue"> Hand 5 </font>

Against the same guy as in hand 4.

Preflop: Guido is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Guido raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Guido bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Guido calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Guido checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Guido calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Guido checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Guido calls.

The end of part 1

Guido
Old 01-11-2005, 03:34 AM

Default Re: Me and an other guy... HU hands in half an hour (part 1)

Hand 1.) I like it, used your read.

Hand 2.) This guy has decent stats, so he probably has a fairly good idea of what he's doing. Even though this is a steal raise and he's a bit loose and aggro, I think 67o might be a little weak to be calling against this guy who has a decent postflop agression factor, probably capable of semi-bluffs and other fun things.

Hand 3.) I play it the same. The river is probably pretty close but I call to look him up.

Hand 4.) I'd raise the flop. CO called 2 cold preflop, give him a chance to do it again. You've got a big hand with a monster draw, you want a chance to cap this bad boy. That's a pretty impressive fold but I think it's the right move on the river if your 1 agression factor read is trustworthy.

Hand 5.) I play it the same.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:31 AM

Hand 1: I really don't like the turn CR, just play this hand straight forward, and call down if you get raised on the turn.

Hand 2: I don't like the defense. Afte that kead the flop, 3-bet, if you get showed any more agresssion I think I'd feel safe to turf it.

Hand 3: Fold the turn, I don't see that turn card as being particularly bluffable nor the board, maybe you're against JcTc.

Hand 4: Cap the turn, take a free show down unimproved or fold if lead into. Bet if you improve ofcourse. I missed the flop action first read through, just go nuts here.

Hand 5: Fine
Old 01-11-2005, 05:25 AM

Hi Rubeskies and Imitation,

Thanks for your advice but I would like to know a few more things.

Hand 1:
Imitation why don't you like the turn check-raise? This guy will call any flop but fold the turn when he has nothing. When I show weakness he will almost certainly bet, wether he has something or not. I think this is an excellent opportunity to let him pay for being too aggressive.

Hand 2:
Rubeskies, you might be right that this hand was a little too weak to defend with against this guy.
Imitation, why don't you like the flop check-raise and leading the turn? You don't exactly have a monster but check-raising is a very strong move so when you get any more aggression, you are probably behind. Also betting and 3-betting will cost you more when you are behind. Please explain why you prefer betting and 3-betting above a flop check-raise.

Hand 3:
Imitation, you said that you don't see that turn card as being particularly bluffable nor the board. I see 2 flush draws and a few straight draws so I think this board is very bluffable. Also the turn card might be a scary card. This guy was raising a lot of turns, see hand 2 and I think this is a good opportunity to have a look at what he is raising. So why do you fold against a player like this?

Hand 4:
You both said I should go to war on the flop. This is what I do about 90% of the time but I thought I had such a strong hand that waiting wouldn't be bad this time. I don't understand why you would cap the turn with second pair top kicker on a board like this against a loose passive player. You are not capping it for value...

Hand 5:
Ok

Again, thanks for your advice. Imitation, I get the feeling that you apply my reads very differently than I do. You play in a way I would play against an unknown. Very interesting.

Thanks,

Guido
Old 01-11-2005, 03:34 PM

Relating to hand 4, you raise because of what happened. There are a few cards that can come to hurt your equity. The one that came is one in the form of a K. The other is a 9 or T filling in what could be a very possible gutshot requiring a card "In the Zone". You have a strong draw but your made hand is still vulnerable. CO is still in the hand so you want to protect from him plus he may call 2 incorrectly anyway seeing as he doesn't mind cold-calling.

Another reason is that the guy who bet out might 3-bet you with a lower flush draw. Even though he is drawing dead, he thinks he's drawing live. People bet out into the preflop raiser sometimes with a flush draw hoping to get it raised so they can 3-bet. This would be great for you.