Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Bush asks for sacrifice he doesn\'t ask of himself

This is a letter to the editor published in the local paper today. I'm pasting it below for you guys to read, and for our resident dum dum pops to respond to. And I'm also going to ask that you not just dismiss this letter to the editor as liberal ad-hominem filled garbage. There are some serious points that are well made in this article.

Bush asks for sacrifice he doesn't ask of himself

To the editor:

One would think that the president of the United States holds the most stressful job ever. Isn't it wonderful that our pompous president is in such excellent condition healthwise? And why not? His eligible daughters aren't in Iraq protecting our country like so many others, more than 1,800 who have given their lives for a war that he started.

With a smirk on his face, he says, "We will stay the course." Who is "we?" Not him or his family. Heck no. He's on a month's vacation. If he's so gung-ho about this war, show us some guts and send your kids to the front lines. This war is not being won; the insurgents just keep on coming. And terrorism has gotten much worse since he began this senseless war.

Then, too, he has no worry about health insurance. Boy, is he covered, not like the millions who have none. And what about the poor, the homeless and those who barely eke out a living? It's not his problem. Why worry? Go on vacation. Imagine a month's vacation. No wonder he's in such good condition. And while he's gone, who's minding the store? The other pompous snake?

I would think that if Dubya likes Texas so much, he should stay there and let one who has the total concern of our nation and its people take his place. In history, I believe this president will be judged the worst ever.