Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 10:10 PM

Default How EXACTLY to calculate rakeback using PT, help plz!

Assuming I have a rakeback deal that pays 28% tell me the formula that would best estimate my MGR*28%...I only have a question in 1 area really... I use basically

I use ((Avg Rake/Avg# Players)*(Total Hands)+Tournament Entry Fees Paid-Any Bonuses Taken)*.28....is that exactly right?
Old 05-26-2005, 10:24 PM

Default Re: How EXACTLY to calculate rakeback using PT, help plz!

Under summary take total rake / # of players dealt in - bonuses + tourney fees x .28=Party skin rake. If it is another poker room they may not use this formula, you may need to be dealt in, flop, put more money in pot, bonuses may not count off in part or whole, tourney fees may or may not be included etc......
Old 05-26-2005, 10:24 PM

Im not 100% sure on this but here goes.
As far as i know P.T. has no way of adding in bonus money so subtracting it is useless as it was never thier.
What i do is just look at total rake payed on far right, set the dates on prefs to match when you were
playing for rakeback
and *28. I think that will give you youre ring game rake and then check tourny stats and *28 the entry fees.
It seems pretty simple to me but i could be missing something. Hope this helps. Jay
Old 05-26-2005, 10:27 PM

I believe the formula you are looking for is:

((Total Rake / Avg # Players X # Raked Hands) + Tourny Fees - Bonuses) X Rakeback Percent

In Poker Tracker, select your game level in preferences and then go to the GAME NOTES tab. for the Total Rake, Avg Players and Total Raked Hands Info. DO NOT mix Limit with NL or 10-max with 6-max tables. There will be errors, although they may not be severe, depending on the specific combinations.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:52 AM

If you want your exact rake, go to the pokertracker forums and look for a tool called Pokergrapher.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe the formula you are looking for is:

((Total Rake / Avg # Players X # Raked Hands) + Tourny Fees - Bonuses) X Rakeback Percent

In Poker Tracker, select your game level in preferences and then go to the GAME NOTES tab. for the Total Rake, Avg Players and Total Raked Hands Info. DO NOT mix Limit with NL or 10-max with 6-max tables. There will be errors, although they may not be severe, depending on the specific combinations.

Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

the advice about using the games note tab is imperative, as the game notes tab is in fact the only area you can use to get the correct numbers from.
the advice about not mixing the game type, as regards 10 max, or 9 max, or 6 max, is also correct and imperative to getting the right results.
it is not a problem, however to mix nl or limit.

the part about the formula is almost correct, except in the formula you would omit, "X # of raked hands."

so the correct formula is:

(((total rake/avg # plyrs) + trny fees) - bonus cleared) X rakeback %.

also, make sure you click "get all" in the game notes tab, otherwise only 100 hands at a time are displayed there.

p.s. i realize that pokeraddict has it COMPLETELY correct in his earlier reply to you.
just really responding to the post by CLC, and adding a few details as regards the "get all" advice, etc.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not 100% sure on this but here goes.
As far as i know P.T. has no way of adding in bonus money so subtracting it is useless as it was never thier.
What i do is just look at total rake payed on far right, set the dates on prefs to match when you were
playing for rakeback
and *28. I think that will give you youre ring game rake and then check tourny stats and *28 the entry fees.
It seems pretty simple to me but i could be missing something. Hope this helps. Jay

[/ QUOTE ]

PT doesn't add the bonus money, but you still have to subtract it from your total rake because that's how the poker sites calculate it.

The "Total Rake" column on the right side of the main page is NOT calculated the same way most poker sites calculate your rake generated. That figure shown on the main page is just the rake you've actually paid, not generated. To see the total rake you've generated you must click on the "Game Notes" tab and use the "Rake" figure displayed there divided by the average amount of players at the table.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:32 PM

I'll leave it to you to figure out how to use SQL, but here is my query for my PT database:[ QUOTE ]
SELECT poker_sites.site_name AS Site, game_level.game_level_desc AS [Game Level], players.screen_name AS [Player Name], COUNT(*) AS Hands, AVG(game.number_of_players) AS [Average Players], SUM(game.pot) AS [Total Pot], Sum(game.rake) AS [Total Rake], Min(game.date_played) AS [Earliest Game], Max(game.date_played) AS [Latest Game], Sum(game.rake/game.number_of_players) AS [Share of Rake] FROM (((game INNER JOIN game_players ON game.game_id = game_players.game_id) INNER JOIN poker_sites ON game.site_id = poker_sites.site_id) INNER JOIN players ON game_players.real_player_id = players.player_ID) INNER JOIN game_level ON game.game_level_ID = game_level.game_level_ID WHERE (INT(game.date_played)) Between #05/16/2005# And #05/31/2005# AND game_players.player_id =5 GROUP BY game_players.player_id, poker_sites.site_name, players.screen_name, game_level.game_level_desc;

[/ QUOTE ]Replace game_players.player_id=5 with whatever your player_id in your database is. Replace the dates with whatever range you want to look up.

This will list your MGR sorted by site and game level.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:36 PM

How do you run a query for Poker Tracker? I've been wanted to know this for a while so any help would be really appreciated.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want your exact rake, go to the pokertracker forums and look for a tool called Pokergrapher.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I do too. Much easier than these formulas and SQL queries