Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: 1/2 NL, 50BB buyin strategies - TPTK

[ QUOTE ]
For 50xBB stacks, people can pry my TPTK from my dead fingers. I rarely, if ever, fold hands 1 & 2 in a live game.

As stated before, PF rasises should be higher, as you will both get more callers than in a online game, and it makes playing TPTK easier. I usually raise 5-7x the BB.

Once you double through, look up some deep stack posts to get a better feel if you havent already had experience with one. deep stack theory in MHNL . This post has tons of the forums' best Mid-High NL players in it.

As for bottom questions, I fold these TPTK 10% of the time. The real fun starts when you are deeper and there are other bad deep stacks around you.

EDIT: I also had a fear playing big stack a little while back- since then, I gained some experience and asked fellow posters to give some thoughts about psychological shortcomings regarding deeper stacks. orange questions

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks orange, I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] your posts!
Old 11-03-2005, 03:36 PM

Default What about home games?

Does anyone play this way at home games?

Our typical is $20 NL buyin, .25/50 blinds, which puts everyone at 40xBB (a bit ridiculous, yes.)

However, everyone starts at the same stack size, unlike in the 1/2 live tables.

Thoughts? Should I be fighting harder for TPTK in home games?
Old 11-03-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: What about home games?

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone play this way at home games?

Our typical is $20 NL buyin, .25/50 blinds, which puts everyone at 40xBB (a bit ridiculous, yes.)

However, everyone starts at the same stack size, unlike in the 1/2 live tables.

Thoughts? Should I be fighting harder for TPTK in home games?

[/ QUOTE ]

These are basically all I play. I play 2 homegames (well, college live games)- 1 is a $.25/.50 $20 max buy-in (40BBs) with 6-8 players. The other is a $.10/.25 $25 max buy-in (100BBs) with 5-7 players.

In my experience in these homegames, there are two effective playing styles- as with all games, if your opponents are passive/weaker, LAG really works well in the 40BB structure. Each pot is large compared to your stack size, and you can quickly build chips by playing aggressively.

If your playing against players who don't pay attention and are unaware of the players and their playing styles, I usually play rock/TAG. If you can nut-peddle and build a stack (with 40BBs, you aren't making it past the flop), you can play other big stacks.

The above is all in reference to the 40BB stucture you described.