Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2004, 10:20 PM

Default Re: I want to correct a general misconception here....

Why can't you idiots ever answer the question without insulting or nitpicking the orginal posters comments?
Old 06-27-2004, 10:21 PM

Probably. When you make a bet and it doesnt get called, Party shoots out that "Congraulations" and pushes you the pot and counts the uncalled bet in the pot size. This is quite amusing in NL games. I don't know how many "$30" pots I won, but my stack seems to only increase by like $5.
Old 06-27-2004, 10:41 PM

turn off that idiotic 'congratulations' salute.

i posted about a month ago about a party NL-25 table with an avg pot-size of $120.

some maniac had built a $200 stack and would frequently push all-in post-flop to take the pot.

the pot might be $3....his opponent has a stack of only $10 (and thus can only call up to $10 anyway)....but when his opponent folds it is credited as a $200 pot.

sadly, i haven't seen that idiot since that weekend. and i've looked for him quite a lot. i really miss him.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why can't you idiots ever answer the question without insulting

[/ QUOTE ]

A well thought out post, as always.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:00 AM

I won't play party empire because of the sky high rakes. Anyone who supports them by playing there is a fool. Everyone knows that. You are getting fleeced if you play there. There's ten gazillion poker sites online now, and every single one has much much lower rakes than Party empire.

I use to play party, but when I realized I was now going to have to pay 700 extra per month in rakes than I use to, I told them to take a flying f"ck off their party poker million cruise ship. They replied and said it wasn't much of an increase to a majority of the players, and that they would offer new promotions that the rake increases would pay for. BS, I'm not paying them an extra 8400 a year so they can offer a 1500 player free roll I can enter. I'm not paying them 8400 bucks extra per year, so maybe I can play 4 tables at a time to try to win a few bucks from Lucy Jones. If they are going to penalize those who play the most because it "doesn't affect the majority that much", f'ck them!

f'ck them forever. I like many other sites much much better now. I don't miss playing there for one second. I wouldn't even consider playing there again until they lower the rakes to what is the industry standard.

F'ck them, good riddance.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:32 AM

There is no 'general' misconception here.

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone seems to think that the Party skins are just loaded with fish and the other sites are much tougher games.

[/ QUOTE ]
We don't think.. we know.

[ QUOTE ]
At the limits I mentioned, I don't think that statement could be further from the truth, and I doubt that many of the people making those statements have played on all these sites recently.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, I haven't played poker in over a year.. only occassionally helped a friend in need of props when I've had free time to spare. But, I do participate in ongoing discussion sessions with a number of pros and semi-pros (including the mythical ones hitting 7-10K a month on Party).. the only thing untruthful is your suggestion that generally speaking, PS and UB games are as soft as Party's.

[ QUOTE ]
The rake at Party is the highest of all the sites at those levels.

[/ QUOTE ]
As a whole, 'we' do not have 'general' misconceptions. Is the misconception of Party having the highest rake at those levels specific or deliberate on your part?

Ub's 2/4 and 3/6 games are raked at $0.25 increments (for every $5), whereas Party rakes $1 at $20, and $0.50 at every $10 thereafter. Ub's games are the highest raked. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Ub has the highest rake on the internet because of affiliates. Boycott Ub! /sarcasm

[ QUOTE ]
At UB you can pretty much play rake free with thier almost unlimitited amount of bonus dollar offers.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is kinda true.. but I've already posted elsewhere about how much a deposit bonus + poor game is worth compared to a reasonable rake rebate + good game. Really.. to go to the trouble of moving 100 to 200 BB's to one of those sites, just to move it back for a net gain of a few BB's is just too much trouble for most pros. And many of the recently-acquired-pro-status-by-default-because-of-too-many-fish-on-Party type of semi-pros will suffer a net negative gain for their bonus clearing troubles. Really, I still poke fun at a couple of the ones I know personally that have suffered a net negative gain (multiple times each) for their troubles of opening an account and trying to take advantage of a PS or UB bonus offer.

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand why it seems to be a consensus here that the easist and best games are at Party, thats just not the reality of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
The reality of it: you are in denial.

If you really have a bone to pick with Party.. that's cool. Personally, I love Ub's GUI and can't stand Party's. But understand that you are not doing these sites any favors posting here, to a hardcore audience. Instead, you should sell your fallicious arguments to beginners to send them to those sites.. and the hardcore junkies here will follow. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2004, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I won't play party empire because of the sky high rakes. Anyone who supports them by playing there is a fool. I wouldn't even consider playing there again until they lower the rakes to what is the industry standard.

F'ck them, good riddance.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really like the industry standard rates at Ub. Maybe I'll open my own real money account there and play starting tomorrow. Oh geez what am I thinking? I'll just call my friend up again and play on his Ub prop account, rake free! You see? A propped site lowers the industry standard rake.. if you're special, sometimes even to zero!
Old 06-28-2004, 02:37 AM

Maybe all the fish will go to Stars in the fall w/ the ridiculous amount of free promotion it'll get on ESPN showing the WSOP (like 20% of the players wearing Stars' gear). 4 of 9 finalist also have Stars' gear, and the final 2 do also.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Counts uncalled bets as part of the pot or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to unequivically state then Party does NOT count uncalled bets as part of the pot. The reason why I know this is from working off bonuses at Party where I'm actually rooting for a rake, yet if the pot is 4.50 and someone bets $1 and doesn't get called it is NOT a raked hand. If anyone has any evidence to the contrary I'd love to see/hear it.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:56 AM

To best of my knowledge, Party's 'system', if you can believe that an organization as incoherent as Party may have a defined system.. Yikes! How can I refer to them as an organization?! Anyways.. back on topic.

Many many moons ago, Party used to collect rake on all uncalled bets, and also include uncalled bets in reporting pot averages. Only a few moons ago, they began to calculate rake only on called bets, but still added uncalled bets to reporting of average pot size. They really should change this.