Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: This message is:
Pure altruism. Cyndie has nothing to gain from this, even though it is operated through her site. 1 3.70%
Other 26 96.30%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 03:30 AM

Default Re: heres the scoop of the spam and reasons behind it....

Well really its not her site since golden palace owns it and handles the customer support. Mary though will get half of the rake on all play though so yes she is trying to get players there for the money!

Does she get half of all money kept from those nasty bonus abusers that GP hate so much?

Lori
Old 12-01-2003, 03:54 AM

Default Re: heres the scoop of the spam and reasons behind it....

I wasn't going to mention the site, but since you brought it up:

Golden Palace, the place that paints their logo on the backs of boxers, discourages spam? Sounds like Cyndie's kind of rationalizing.

Golden Palace, the original and longest running contender for refusing payment to winners.

Golden Palace, sounds like Cyndie's kind of operation.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:53 AM

Default Re: A little definition help for Cyndie

Lori offered at one point to be involved in determining whether an affiliate program passed muster

I'm afraid this was a very long time ago and the offer will now sadly have to be withdrawn as I would potentially not be neutral on the issue.

Lori
Old 12-01-2003, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The kindest thing i can think of is that I had no doubt about what jek would think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then maybe a policy of WWJD (What Would Jek Do?) should be used to guide your actions. Would've saved you a lot of headache. Although, dirty spammers do get whatever is coming to them.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Here is the message. You decide

Thanks for posting this Terry. I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one who thinks this is blatant spam (as seen in the 11-0 voting.)
Old 12-01-2003, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at www.iwon’tspamforher.com you can get 10% back and players can get 10 to 30% back PAID BY THE SITE...automatically...no hassles with hiding or estimating or juggling...

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, could someone please tell me when rake rebate offers from site operators became spam? Because that's what this is. A rake rebate offer from a SITE OPERATOR. No affiliate BS to deal with. And what appears to be a fair one too(yes I got the PM).

Now, I realize there are those here who have other issues with Cyndie. And quite frankly I'd rather not get involved in those. But other than it being Cyndie as the owner this is no different from any other skin sending out an offer in an attempt to increase player base. And that's not spam.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:26 PM

the zoo has its own definition of spam - anyone who comes to the forum and starts punting their own site or product for their own financial gain

imo this was the classic definition of spam - an unwanted and unsolicited e-mail/pm punting their own site or product for their own financial gain

if someone wants what was offered, (and i am sure some do want what she offered), they can read the relevant information on her own site - that would not be classed as spamming - that would be classed as advertising

there is an important difference, and she crossed the line - bigtime
Old 12-01-2003, 09:41 PM

Default Buy Banner space like everyone else you cheap whore n/m

Old 12-01-2003, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone who comes to the forum and starts punting their own site or product for their own financial gain

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes JEK's signature is spam, even if it is technically within Mat's rules.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then maybe a policy of WWJD (What Would Jek Do?) should be used to guide your actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would jek do? Every other post a viscious attack. No thanks. I think most people hold themselves to a much higher standard. I guess she could start putting her site in her signature with no complaints from you though, right?
Closed Thread