Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 05:49 PM

Default $50 bankroll question

I play on pokerstars and have exactly $50. Which games (SNGs) do you think are best to play to build my bankroll with. $1 +.20 (45 ppl) $1.75+.25 turbo (18 ppl) $5 single table or $6 turbo single table games?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this so if not please tell me where.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: $50 bankroll question

put it in the SNG forum, but Im not sure you can do much with the $50, you might be better served to try and strike a balance of cheap sng's with a good amount of players at a site you can whore for a bonus.

maybe absolute?
Old 11-07-2005, 06:01 PM

well, considering how short of a roll you have, you will be looking for something with the very little variance. hu sngs are going to be your best bet. those guys are terrible.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:03 PM

I'd do the 1.20 45 man, they are real easy to beat, and ~50 buyins is about right for that level. In my experience, the 1.70 18 turbos are pretty soft too, both are fairly good way to build a bankroll up (when I got back online, my account had 2.63 in it, I entered a 2 buck MTT and got 6th to get about 45 bucks, and then built up from there). If you can get one of the top 2 spots fairly consistently in the 45 mans, you will easily move up, you only have to win it 1/9 times to break even, and that doesn't count the other times that you'll get a 2nd-7th. When you get up to 200 bucks, then the 5.50's should be a good spot to be at without worrying about losing your whole roll with a bad run. And if you do have a bad run, you can drop back down to the 1's and build back up to give it a shot again.

Also, I like the 1-3 MTT's to try to build up a roll, if you are even half decent, you should be able to at least break even in those, plus it's good experience.

You could also get a neteller account and go bonuswhoring, bodog offered me a match on my deposit when I signed up with an account with them up to 50, so now I got 100 bucks on that site. The internet bonuses forum has alot more info if you want to go that route.

GL.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:09 PM

If you have half a clue, you wont need nearly 200 to play 5 +0.5. If you start out running bad you must move down again off course, but I wouldn't be worried about giving the 5 +0.5 a shot with 15-20 buyins. If we are talking about 5+ 0.5 STT, that is.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:13 PM

I was actually talking the 45 man ones, didn't clarify.

For the single tables, I'd say about 100 bucks is good, bad runs can come fairly easily, even playing an A game. With 50 and not placing in 4 in a row, he would be down to 28 bucks. It could be done, but I think the risk of failure would be greater.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:23 PM

So I'm probably better off staying safe with the dollor buy ins?
Old 11-07-2005, 06:24 PM

They are extremely juicy, good place to start off at.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:59 PM

I don't really consider 50 dollars a bankroll. If you're asking what limits you should play I think nothing about a 5$ MTT or SNG. If you're looking for MTT's Prima has a good selection of small buy in tournaments. The structure isn't great, but the tournaments are fairly easy to beat and a good way to build a bankroll.

Stars also has a good variety of tournaments as long as you are on at the right time of day. Basically with only 50$ to your name (your poker name) I wouldn't worry too much about bankroll. Chances are you'll need to refill at some point in your life. Stick to the smaller limits until you have a bit more money to put towards larger buy ins.

Good luck.