Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 05:05 AM

Default 5/10 nl party, chip spewing?

Villain in this hand is very loose preflop usually raising to 20-30 but seems to be pretty good post flop and hes laid down a flush when i rivered a boat so I've seen him make some laydowns. I've been very tight and non-tricky.

6 handed, Villain opens for 30 in co he has 1200 i cover and call in bb with j6hh, Qs 7c 5s i check call 50. Turn is 2 clubs i lead out for 125, villain takes a semi long time to call, as in wtf is he doing here? River is 10c and I lead for 300, thoughts?
Old 10-23-2005, 05:10 AM

Default Re: 5/10 nl party, chip spewing?

Definitely fold pre-flop.

What story are you trying to tell? That the 2c made your hand? Given the very scare board on the turn, and the line you insist on pursuing, I'd wait for the river since half the deck will kill his hand (barring the 20% of the time it makes his hand), and lead the river if one of the flushes gets there.

Overall, however, this is a good line to take against an opponent you know is donkish. Against a good LAG, as your opponent seems to be, this will be chip-spewing the vast majority of the time.

Kirk
Old 10-23-2005, 05:20 AM

Default Re: 5/10 nl party, chip spewing?

I dont like it at all.

You can get almost anyone to lay down a hand, the question is, is it worth it, and it isnt here.

If you want to force the issue so badly, only try this against very weak/tight players. In additionally to not doing it against the looser sort of player in this hand, ABSOLUTELY dont try against total donk as another suggested. He'll call down with QJ, 99 or whatever. I dont know why people thinks donks should be bluffed.