Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Add one more trashtalker to the book of infamous last words

I was playing in PP MTT limit tournament a little while ago, just minding my own business. At my first table, two Las Vegas brethren decided to join forces and mock and harass ever other player at the table. They enjoyed calling out people who supposedly "sucked out" on them and then making fun of them. They referred to all non Las-Vegasites as basically crappy players who have intruded on to there table, and who have no business being there.

Down the line after one of the elitists was eliminated the other crony decided to lock in on me and call me for what amounted to complete non-sense. After jabbering with him for a few minutes, he proclaimed "I guarantee that I will take you out". I then told everyone at the table to write that down and he didn’t utter a word from there on in.

Within the course of the next 10-20 hands I was dealt an amazing string of cards and I managed to take the overall chip lead by a large margin. At this point the crony was completely quiet with his below average chip count.

About a half an hour later I wind up in a large pot with this crony and another player. The villain ended up being in for all of his chips on this hand, and I of course was the cause. The flop brought xKx, turn K, and the river x. The villain’s cards are revealed and low and behold he has AA. The other player has JJ. And I, for the greatest moment in my poker career have KK for quad K's, and have knocked out a trash talker who proclaimed that he was going to eliminate me. It is not just great that I was the one to eliminate him, but the fashion in which it occurred was monumental. He had AA! And for some reason he had no reply to the witty remark that made as the chips were sent in my direction.

This is a lesson to everyone. Never proclaim that you are going to be the procurer of someone’s ultimate demise, for those words may come to bite you in the arse, some times in the most humiliating way possible.

To top this all off I ended up coming in 5th place, not my best finish but still a tournament I will never forget.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Add one more trashtalker to the book of infamous last words

Awesome! And wouldn't it be funny if it was a 2+2'er you knocked out!!

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Add one more trashtalker to the book of infamous last words

Not sure if I should name names, but what the heck. The handle the person was using is Petrus1. Not sure if that is a 2+2er or not.

And for a bonus here was the hand:

Dealt to lucymurfy [ Kc Ks ]
get_bluffed folds.
bowlerx folds.
jobob5744 raises [300].
stackcheddah folds.
lucymurfy raises [450].
petrus1 raises [600].
rjkaces folds.
balgod9 folds.
VIP_32 calls [450].
jobob5744 folds.
lucymurfy calls [150].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6d, Kd, 3h ]
VIP_32 checks.
lucymurfy bets [150].
petrus1 is all-In [30]
VIP_32 calls [150].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Kh ]
VIP_32 checks.
lucymurfy bets [300].
VIP_32 calls [300].
** Dealing River ** [ 4h ]
VIP_32 checks.
lucymurfy bets [300].
VIP_32 calls [300].
lucymurfy shows [ Kc, Ks ] four of a kind, kings.
petrus1 doesn't show [ Ah, As ] two pairs, aces and kings.
VIP_32 doesn't show [ Jh, Js ] two pairs, kings and jacks.
lucymurfy wins 1440 chips from side pot #1 with four of a kind, kings.
lucymurfy wins 2265 chips from the main pot with four of a kind, kings.
Player petrus1 finished in 44 place
better luck next time
petrus1 has left the table.