Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 05:24 AM

Default Re: why is everyone ripping Daniel N? why not Barry G too?

Pretty good answer.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:35 AM

Besides what russ said it is also because he claims to be a great live player when it is unproven. While Barry has been doing it for years and has proven his ability in the big games. Daniel may have an argument if he says he is one of the better tournament players around. But best poker players? Live included? Not proven. Doesn't mean he won't be someday possibly. You never know he is young. But to just say he is because he has enough money to play it once in awhile doesn't make it so.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Barry is professional?....he was the one who made this entire situation open to the public by shooting off at the mouth on Cardplayers video brodcast. He accused top tourney players of being weak, and invited them to play the big game and see if they could beat it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he actually invite them? I missed that.

This was hardly the first salvo in the lame war of words. If you've been paying attention, you'd know that most of the hot air started on the FCP forums when Daniel refuted the claim, that Barry never actually made, that he (bg) was definitely the winningest cash game player in the past decade.

Barry also replied to an e-mail I wrote. I've raised some (IMO) valid points in some of DN's threads that he's ignored.

I think his challenge was just him being too confident for his own good. It didn't seem particularly cocky to me, though. I think that is the element of the situation that gets overblown the most. The dude seems pretty modest, as if he actually believes everything he says to be true. I don't get that vibe off DN. 'Too much gamesmanship.' He still has some adjusting to the public eye to do.
-kyo
Old 06-14-2005, 06:46 AM

Daniel has been downplaying the wynn's contributions to his bankroll and inflating every egotistical statement Barry makes. He likes to remind us of how insane Barry is at any chance, and has taken similar shots at DS with regards to the challenge.

The FCP forums also kinda multiply my sentiments, albeit irrationally. DN has too many blind fanpeople for my liking.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:55 AM

Because Barry G is one sexy, sexy man.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:56 AM

I know I speak for the rest of 2+2 when I say how grateful we are to have these members on board who are obvious experts on the size of each player's bankroll.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I speak for the rest of 2+2 when I say how grateful we are to have these members on board who are obvious experts on the size of each player's bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're welcome.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because Barry G is one sexy, sexy man.

[/ QUOTE ]

and he has the voice of barry white with the face of a white guy
Old 06-14-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I don't ever recall Barry writing about: a guy trying to sell him leather jackets, Golden Tee, their video game, a failed online poker site, or black gay prostitutes, among other items.

I doubt you will ever see Barry write about that stuff. There's no doubt they're different type of people. IMHO both very good people but very different.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides what russ said it is also because he claims to be a great live player when it is unproven.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is flat out wrong, Daniel has played high stakes ring as his bread and butter for years. He has always been a ring player first.

My problem with Daniel is that he has one really good tournament year, and it has gotten to his head. Reading his articles, he doesn't seem to have a sound understanding of poker theory, and makes up theories to justify his plays that are clearly -EV.

Daniel has a good gut instinct and plays he players well. HE also, as he has said, has a lot of gamble.