Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Final Episode of Rome

SPOILERS

+++

+++

+++

First off, I thought it was awesome. I deliberately waited until all episodes had aired so that I could sit down the last few days and simply watch #1-#12 almost straight through. Needless to say I was completely hooked after the first episode.

I was extremely surprised that they killed off Caeser in the first season, since I thought he was the best character and that the plotline was thick enough to delay it until next season. I suppose the next few seasons will dwell on the brief civil wars that followed Caeser's death? I was similarly surprised at the decision to kill of Vorenius's wife so suddenly.

But above all I was surprised that they omitted what I would have thought to be the most crucial line in the whole series, the famous "Et Tu, Brut?" Nonetheless it was a superb final death/season closing scene, and the line was certainly implied.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Final Episode of Rome

THIRTEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!!!

okay I love this show. However I always considered Vorenus to be the main protaganist, and I think that still holds. His wife dying was a damn shame and made me very very sad, and I think it could completely change his entire outlook on life and make him really very bitter. The part with him staring down his son at the end looked like he was at a crossroads in his life.

Vorenus saving Pullo in the ring was the best fight scene ever for tv. ever.

the "et tu, brute" line I believe was immortalized by shakespeare but IIRC is not recognized by historians as fact and several different lines have been attributed to him at his moment of death.

also, the sex scenes are the absolute bomb. hot man/girl, girl/girl, soldier/freaky chick, really something for everyone.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But above all I was surprised that they omitted what I would have thought to be the most crucial line in the whole series, the famous "Et Tu, Brut?" Nonetheless it was a superb final death/season closing scene, and the line was certainly implied.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-09-2005, 03:35 PM

I completely agree. When he started screaming THIRTEEN!!! and charged into the arena that sent chills down my spine...actually, typing this and remembering that sent chills down my spine.

and yes, the sex scenes are the best I've ever seen for a legitimate TV show.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:39 PM

btw next season should be the bomb, Octavian will be kicking some ass early and often. easily one of the best characters on the show and a smart little [censored].
Old 12-09-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw next season should be the bomb, Octavian will be kicking some ass early and often. easily one of the best characters on the show and a smart little [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-09-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man, one of the best parts in the whole series that I just remembered: right after he nails his hot lesbo big sister and immediately afterwords says "so I guess now you're going to rekindle your odd fascination in caesar's affliction, huh?"

PIZWNED WHORE hahaha
Old 12-09-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man, one of the best parts in the whole series that I just remembered: right after he nails his hot lesbo big sister and immediately afterwords says "so I guess now you're going to rekindle your odd fascination in caesar's affliction, huh?"

PIZWNED WHORE hahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is the absolute best.

"Oh, boo-hoo, what have I done?"

"Hmm. What have you done? Tell me."

Stone cold. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]