Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Some Live NL200 Hands At RiverRock BC

Hello, a few live hands at the riverrock was curious how i played these.

First hand, 1/2 NL live 8 handed.

I have AK diamonds in the small blind, someone makes it 7 to go LP ..like 3-4 callers, i re-raise to make it 20, BB calls and 2 others call.

Flop comes K8/3 two clubs, one diamond.

I check, person to my left pushes in his reminder he only had about 25 left , everyone folds to last guy who is kind of a crazy player and i have him covered with about 150 to his 120. He calls, and I re-raise it to 60 he pushes in. Ive seen him go all in pre flop with a/3 off to beat someone with KK earlier for a large amount.

Hand 2.

On the BB, limped around this is near the end of my session and i only have around 70 behind almost everyone covers me.

I have 4/5 diamonds

We all limp to this flop 4 5 8, two clubs I check it someone bets 10, and about 3-4 ppl call the 10 dollar bet by the time it gets back to me ..so i have bottom two pair I decided to push all in, good / bad play ?

Thanks! appreciate any insight.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Some Live NL200 Hands At RiverRock BC

Hand 1 - If you're going to re-rasie here, you need to bet more...make it $30 - $35 straight. A re-rasie of only $13 (with 3-4 people already calling the intilal raise) is not going to get a lot of people out, and I don't think you want to be playing a huge pot OOP against 4 opponents. On the flop I think you have to call his rasie striclty due to pot odds (your getting well over 3:1 on your money).

Hand 2 : with a short stack, this is as good a spot as any to get your chips in the middle.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:25 PM

Hand 1: Raise more pre or dont raise at all. I think raising to 30 to 35 as dregal suggested would be good. Bet the flop, something like 2/3 to 3/4 pot.

As played, I would call the all in from the button given his loose description. I find that in these 1/2 live NL games (which are usually the smallest stakes live) you get a lot of players who have no idea how to play.

Therefore, most of these players slowplay because that is what happens on WPT and WSOP, so you lose little when they have a hand. Also, most ppl bluff off there whole stacks. Sorry for the digression. What I am saying is that with TPTK, I am going all in against most unknowns at the 1/2 NL level. Just make sure you know who the tight nits are (there is usually 1 to 2) and fold your TPTK when they make a big bet.

Hand 2: I would lead the flop on this one. You are so shortstacked that you will have no problem getting it all in by the river. Against a loose enuf table, you could even overbet and get some donkey to look you up.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:44 PM

Yeah Hand 1.

The guy in BB who put his last few chips in had AA, bastard had just sat down 2 hands ago ..then got up and left right after that pot..

The other guy had some kind of draw that didnt get there.

As for the second hand ..everyone folded to my push all in, cept one guy ..he called with 6/3 OESD and hit the 7 on turn.