Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 11:12 PM

Default is this ok?

villian is unknown

PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is BB with <font color="green">3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> (6 Players)
UTG limps, 4 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> checks,

Flop: (2.40 SB) <font color="black">Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> <font color="green">4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> (2 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, UTG calls,

Turn: (2.20 BB) <font color="black">Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> <font color="green">4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> (2 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, UTG calls,

River: (4.20 BB) <font color="black">Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> <font color="green">4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> (2 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> checks, UTG <font color="green">bets</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> calls,

Outcome: UTG wins 6.20 BB.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: is this ok?

Give up on the turn, imo. There's very few hands he could have that you beat.

You did your job. You thought you had the best hand, you bet. He called so now you can think that you don't have the best hand and you can check/fold this small pot.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:45 AM

Anyone else c/r this flop sometimes? I like betting at these HU uncoordinated flops when I have nothing, and trying to extract more when I have something.

-Brian
Old 12-21-2005, 02:58 AM

c/f turn and river.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:12 AM

I bet this turn all day, but when he calls it's c/f the river for me. If your flop bet didnt scare him and the turn bet w/ an A on board didn't then he's seeing a showdown.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else c/r this flop sometimes? I like betting at these HU uncoordinated flops when I have nothing, and trying to extract more when I have something.

[/ QUOTE ]
How do we know they are going to bet? Further with a pair of 4's I don't see why we want to build a pot. Just bet, try to take it down.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:29 AM

It would be nice to at least know the stakes. Check fold the river. There is no draw, or missed anything that you can induce a bluff (maybe JT but that is a long strech) from and there really isn't a hand that you can value bet against.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:34 AM

c/f the turn, if he calls that flop he's seeing a showdown.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:34 AM

bet flop, c/f turn.

No need to c/r flop because chances are he won't bet. You probably got outdrawn on the turn.

I think you need to include the level that you played this hand at because opponents/skill level depends on how this hand plays out... !!

True
Old 12-21-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How do we know they are going to bet? Further with a pair of 4's I don't see why we want to build a pot. Just bet, try to take it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that "average" players often bet when you check to them. They'll bet with nothing if you give them the chance. Some will also call with nothing, but in many cases, if we bet and we're called on a drawless board like this, we're probably behind.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting to do this all of the time, I'll often bet this flop. But against aggressive players who will bluff if you check to them, I'll sometimes give them a little rope.

-Brian