Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 11:07 AM

Default The Six Max Ladder

I am wondering what the difference is between $.5/1 six max and $1/2 is there a world of difference here?, I definatley need some more six-max experince, I had played $1/2 full before making the switch. I guess also I am wondering what the difference is between $1/2 and $3/6 six max is like also due to the fact there are no $2/4 six max tables on party.

Definatley in no hurry, just wondering what some experinces have been like. I'm rolled for $1/2 six max, but taking my time.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Re: The Six Max Ladder

I only did a few hands at 0.5/1 before jumping up to 1/2 on Absolute. I've played Party, Absolute, and Stars 1/2, and they're all fairly soft. You have to pay attention to the table texture, but you should be fine. I have no opinions on 2/4, but I've heard that Stars is reasonably soft.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:11 AM

Just what you'd expect. A few more reasonable players, less calling PF, the occasional tricky play, more check-raises heads up, that kind of stuff. I started with 0.50/1 and jumped pretty quickly to 1/2, and didn't notice many significant changes. You're more likely to have to make adjustments between different 1/2 tables than you are between 0.50/1 and 1/2 generally.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:23 AM

Caveat: Extremely small sample size with 2/4. That said, I've noticed no discernable difference from 1/2. In fact, had a guy on 2/4 last night at PokerPlex who was 92/50/2.5 in 150 hands. Another who was 50 vpip.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:07 PM

I jumped from the Party 1/2 to the 3/6 without being truly rolled for it, and it was a mistake. I went on a downswing right when I started and from then on I was playing scared. I ended up having to move back down to 1/2 and then move over to Stars to play 2/4 before working back up to 3/6. I definitely recommend playing the Stars 2/4 game instead of jumping straight to the 3/6.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:58 PM

Even if you're rolled for the 3/6 game, i'd suggest playing 2/4 at stars for a little while. The swinginess of 6max coupled with the larger bets can be a bit stressfull if you're not ready for it. Playing scared sucks.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definatley in no hurry, just wondering what some experinces have been like. I'm rolled for $1/2 six max, but taking my time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep doing what your doing. I rushed into $3/$6 underolled($1200) and got crushed. Big blow to my confidence initially. Lost my whole roll. So... I put $100 in Neteller- and bonus whored. I re-couped, re-built my roll and am now playing $5/$10. This time properly bankrolled. I still frequently play $2/$4 and $3/$6 also, depending on the situation.