Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Onboard Video/ system evaluation

I have been keeping my eyes open for part componants for a while to build a computer,or upgrade mine so that it is decent when running multiple monitors, Poker Tracker, Poker Ace, 8 tables, a few internet windows and a a couple messenger service. The only problem is that i am a complete moron when it comes to computers.

Here is what I got so Far and what I am looking at getting.

I have a 160G 7200RMP Western Digital HD ($30)
Sony 16X DVD burner ($40)
GeForce MX4000 128MB vid card ($40)

And here is bundle I am looking at that is assembled for $289

AMD 64 3700 CPU
PcChips M861G Motherboard ?????
Aspire X-Gear Case w/ Side Window- 500Watt ?????

It says that the video card has integrated "3D Graphics" and "6.1 sound" I know intergrated is usually not good, but like I said i don't knwo what I am doing and was wondering if that would help me run and extra monitor.

I am yet to decide on RAM, I figured i could get that at any time.

I am hoping that I can get soem advice, especially on the bundle since the price is not that much more than that of the CPU alone, seems like the rest must be pretty low quality, then again I don't need it for much. Also any reason the componants won't work? Also I have an eMachine that i was thinking about taking the 512 stick of RAM our of (I think PC2700) and putting that in along with another gig, along with the DVDROM/CD burner, 80gig HD and from Media reader out of. Will this work? If I do that and just junk the rest of the computer can I legally get away with using the OS on my new build?