Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-11-2005, 07:37 PM

Default $215 Custer hand #2 - AKo whiffs v 2

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $200 Buy-in + $15 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 2 - 7 players (Converter: PGC)

Button is 100/0/0.0 (1)
UTG+1 is 0/0/- (1)

Chip Counts:
Button: 990 Chips
SB: 1715 Chips
BB: 900 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 2135 Chips</font>
UTG+1: 890 Chips
MP1: 2500 Chips
CO: 870 Chips

Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Blinds are 15/30

PreFlop
<font color="red">Hero RAISES ($95)</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="green">Button Calls</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>

(3 players) FLOP: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 330 Chips )
<font color="red">Hero BETS ($250)</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">Button RAISES ($700)</font>
<font color="blue">Hero folds</font>

Final Pot:1280 Chips

Cont bet seems way too big to me. It's a very dry flop, I certainly wouldn't be betting this much with an overpair. I don't hate the cont bet so much, although you're getting called by a pocket pair a very high percentage of the time, from 77 and up.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: $215 Custer hand #2 - AKo whiffs v 2

i think this was one of those, "if u play, you're gona hafta play for your whole stack" type of situations. I don't know how others read his bet, but he's betting 1/3rd of the villains' stack, essentailly their entire stack, and can still get away, no?
Old 12-11-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cont bet seems way too big to me. It's a very dry flop, I certainly wouldn't be betting this much with an overpair. I don't hate the cont bet so much, although you're getting called by a pocket pair a very high percentage of the time, from 77 and up.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but they have to consider that Hero as the original raiser has an overpair a lot here too, and are they willing to go the distance on their "77".

I would be betting around this much with an overpair a lot of the time with TWO OPPONENTS, maybe not 1.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:01 PM

I hate the big c-bet. Seems like spewing to me, as a cheaper bet probably has almost as much FE.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:10 PM

You should be cbetting more with your big hands.

I like a pot sized cbet because people will rarely make moves at you. Thats more of a general statement. But I feel like the higher level games you play the more likely a good player will see a 1/2 pot cbet and just raise you all day. That may be what your looking for, but most likely not.

The larger cbet you make also means that an opponent will have to commit larger portions of his stack when he decides to stay in the hand. So you essentially control when the pots get really big. The difference in chips is not a ton and in the scheme of a SNG the difference between saving a few chips on a cbet isnt nearly as important as what you can do with bigger cbets.

-Jason
Old 12-11-2005, 08:47 PM

as strassa said you're looking to get raised---

here it looks to me the c-bet is too small if anything.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:55 PM

Do you still fire CB most hands you raise preflop?

I'd imagine you would have to cut back a good amount.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you still fire CB most hands you raise preflop?

I'd imagine you would have to cut back a good amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends more so on how often you raise PF, no?
Old 12-12-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The larger cbet you make also means that an opponent will have to commit larger portions of his stack when he decides to stay in the hand. So you essentially control when the pots get really big. The difference in chips is not a ton and in the scheme of a SNG the difference between saving a few chips on a cbet isnt nearly as important as what you can do with bigger cbets.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

don't you think that in this particular hand a smaller c-bet of about 175 would still make either Villain feel like they had to commit their whole stack to continue, while leaving them more exposed when they raise cos the pot is smaller?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:16 AM

"don't you think that in this particular hand a smaller c-bet of about 175 would still make either Villain feel like they had to commit their whole stack to continue, while leaving them more exposed when they raise cos the pot is smaller? "

It might, it might not. For 75 more chips (which have some equity because I might win the pot anyway when my opponent calls), is it worth taking a chance that the opponent doesn't view both bet sizes the same way?

moses