Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-01-2005, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Lost-11/30/05 *Spoilers*

Pointed out to me by sombody who saw screen caps, but I was looking for other folks in the flashback, since they seem to pop up.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:53 AM

does anybody else find it strange how casual everyone acts? I mean, people have been abducted and killed by The Others, yet people still wander off into the woods by themselves, genereally seem calm, etc.

I get the feeling that these people should be organizing watch crews, defensive measure, ala the tailies. it seems the paranoia the tailies have, hasn't spilled over the the original survivors. I wonder why...
Old 12-01-2005, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It has to be at least 1998. One of the bills that Kate used to buy her ticket to Tallahassee tonight was a newer 20.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that too, and it was an even NEWER 20 with the three colors in it, so where does that place it... 2004?

Edit:

[/ QUOTE ]

cant be past 2004 though....wasnt she on that farm with the farmer for a bit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a more likely explanation is that it is supposed to be like 2001 or something, and they likely screwed up which bills they used. I noticed in one of Kate's flashback scenes, that after the car crashes into the tree and deploys the airbag, when she drives away the front end doesn't even look like it has any damage to it? Seems like possibly a sloppy use of props.

Otherwise that episode was awesome, and I can't believe I have to wait until freakin 2006!
Old 12-01-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Things I liked about this ep

[ QUOTE ]

so shes overly making herself go for jack

[/ QUOTE ]

I like where you're going with this peachy...sort of like leia with Han, she kissed luke b/c of the way she felt for the nerfherder
Old 12-01-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the interesting thing is who cut that section out of the film. Someone who wanted them to talk to the outside? I think there are multiple groups of "others" who are not on the same side.

One side thing: was Kate's "father" in Korea when she was born? Was that the Korean War????

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 99% sure it was Korean war.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are? So the Korean War was like the early 50's - and she is about 25 - so what year is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

He could have easily been stationed in Korea at any time for any random-ass reason; we've got bases and personnel all over the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way she said it implied he was over there for months at a time with no leave. I was under the impression that wouldn't be the case unless a war was on.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the interesting thing is who cut that section out of the film. Someone who wanted them to talk to the outside? I think there are multiple groups of "others" who are not on the same side.

One side thing: was Kate's "father" in Korea when she was born? Was that the Korean War????

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 99% sure it was Korean war.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are? So the Korean War was like the early 50's - and she is about 25 - so what year is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

He could have easily been stationed in Korea at any time for any random-ass reason; we've got bases and personnel all over the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way she said it implied he was over there for months at a time with no leave. I was under the impression that wouldn't be the case unless a war was on.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're under the wrong impression.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:14 PM

Naveen Andrews is such a damn good actor. Did anyone else get surprisingly choked up during his funeral for Shannon? I didn't even care about her, but that funeral was choke city.

Also, not much discussion about what the horse means to the island/mystery. The horse saved Kate from being captured in the U.S., so she was able to flee to Australia, which is why she was on the plane that crashed. Ergo, if it wasn't for the horse, she wouldn't be on the island, and now she sees the horse on the island. And it's real -- she touched it, and Sawyer saw it. Who else is seeing things that relate to why they are there? Will Hurley see a big Lotto sign?
Old 12-01-2005, 08:20 PM

I got choked up during the reunion between Rose and her husband at the end of last weeks episode. Really weird cause I'm a super macho bro dude.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:22 PM

the horse was obviously on the plane.

honestly, they are going to have a hard time - or impossible time - explaining some of these things. either that, or the whole thing is made up/a dream/hell (which the writers have denied), which would suck.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got choked up during the reunion between Rose and her husband at the end of last weeks episode. Really weird cause I'm a super macho bro dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

represent JV water polo, what!!!