Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Which computer should I buy for poker?

Hi, I am looking to get a decent poker computer as I am running on a laptop right now. Basically, I want a decent processor, 1gb of ram, and a video card that can do 2 monitors at 1600x1200 res. These are the best 2 deals I can find:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDe..._UseBVCookie=No
This one needs a ram upgrade but thats cheap, and it has a Pci express ugradeable slot.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/eMachines...roductDetail.do

This one has enough ram, but I have no idea what kind of video card I can put in there.

Thanks, and any input is helpful.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Which computer should I buy for poker?

I'd go with the second one(T50-20) for only 25 bucks more you get an extra 512 of RAM and a better processor. Far and away a better deal. Many people will argue that eMachines are junk. I will admit they are not the best. I have 2 HP's a Dell, and a cheap eMachine I got on a thanksgiving sale for 200 bucks. As far as performance the eMachine doens't compete because it is just not as nice, however I am very satisfied with the performance for the money spent. I do however think their support is the best. Call in and you are on the phone with live help in literally seconds. Witch is wonderfuil for a computer stupid person like myself.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Which computer should I buy for poker?

I just cant see why you would buy an emachine when certain dell models are going for $399. Esp. with all the discussion on all the deals we have shown on coupon codes. Plus you buy this in the store, you have to pay sales tax on it. It might even be cheaper to get a dell with 2 video cards instead of paying for a hi-end dual output video card.