Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-02-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Worst injury/injuries you\'ve sustained?

Car wreck got sandwhiched in my brother's civic by an 18 wheeler from behind into a pick-up truck.

I factured 6 spinal processes, 2 broken ribs, and a concussion. So I literally broke my back and had to be strapped to a board for about 7 hours until I went into surgery. 48 hours later walked out of the hospital.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:41 PM

In 8th grade I tried to jump a 6 foot fence by running, grabbing the top, hoisting myself up, and swinging my legs over. Well, my legs definitely hit, and I tumbled over on to my head, and on top of my left arm. I was so dizzy, and [censored] up from hitting my head that it took my friend to point out to me that my arm was broken. That's the worst I've had...I consider myself very lucky.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:56 PM

256 stitches inner thigh, fell through glass table

-1 tip of finger, door hinge

2x broken left arm

broken right wrist, 1 screw to repair

knee reconstruction, lateral lig, 2 screws (soccer)

3 right shoulder reconstructions, bull riding

2006...possible ops on both shoulders, find out 12/5 (mon)

Vicodion addictions are teh devil to break
Old 12-02-2005, 06:16 PM

Collapsed lung and broken ribs from HS wrestling.

Three-day hospital stay for several injuries after doing a header off my bike and into a fence.

2/3 of my leg covered with third degree burns after a charcoal BBQ tipped over onto me.

The worst I saw though was this guy on our HS rugby team. He was running at a guy who was standing in a slightly crouched position catching a pass, to try to tackle him. He tripped about six feet in front of the guy and fell face-first into the other guy's bent knee. Face + Knee = crushed and collapsed cheekbone. Nasty [censored], dude's face was literally caved in.

-Diplomat
Old 12-02-2005, 07:31 PM

I haven't had anything really serious, a few minor injuries.

-Tried to do a backwards cannonball when I was like 7, bottom of my chin hit the pool. Blood everywhere, six or so stitches, no more swimming for the rest of vacation.

-Stabbing holes in the top of a Gatorade bottle, when I was about 8. I missed, and stabbed myself in the hand(if you make an "L" with your hand, I stabbed myself at the corner of the L. Was pretty small cut though, didn't require stitches.

-Washing dishes, I was about 13. I had my hand inside a glass when it broke. It cut my hand(on the outside of my right hand, just below the pinky). There was a flap of skin hanging off, it was disgusting. Went to the hospital, nine stitches later I'm good as new.

-Playing street hockey when I was 14. Took a shot, fell right on my ass. Landed on my ankle, broke my ankle. Went back to school(this actually happened on the first day of sprink break) with a nice blue cast.

-My scariest injury. I was 15, and leaving a friend's house late at night. My friend was in the middle of the street, I came running down a big hill and yelled his name. He pulled out a knife and turned around. He accidentally stabbed me rigth where the wrist meets the hand. I was so scared, we thought he had hit the artery. We ran back in the house, kids parents took me to the hospital. One staple in my hand and I'm home in a few hours

-Last year, around Christmas. I'm sledding down a big hill with a creek at the bottom. I slam my head into a rock in the creek. I get up, walk home. My mom took one look at me and took me to the hospital, where I recieved 12 staples.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:58 PM

Note: This did not happen to me thank god

When I was about 12, being a punk little kid hanging out with friends at a playground in a park near our house, two of my buddies were having a swinging/jump competition, you swing as high as you can, and then jump off the swing, furthest jump wins. Kid gets some good momentum going jumps, hits his landing, but falls back a little, and falls on his ass, no big deal. He doesnt get up though, and is just sitting there on the ground, we were like WTF you didnt even hit the ground hard, he doesnt say anything. Then he starts puking uncontrolably, everywhere. Popped his sack with a nail.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When I was about 12, being a punk little kid hanging out with friends at a playground in a park near our house, two of my buddies were having a swinging/jump competition, you swing as high as you can, and then jump off the swing, furthest jump wins. Kid gets some good momentum going jumps, hits his landing, but falls back a little, and falls on his ass, no big deal. He doesnt get up though, and is just sitting there on the ground, we were like WTF you didnt even hit the ground hard, he doesnt say anything. Then he starts puking uncontrolably, everywhere. Popped his sack with a nail.

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes me want to cry...when you say "pop" did it actually burst, or was it just punctured with a little hole?

[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes me want to cry...when you say "pop" did it actually burst, or was it just punctured with a little hole?

[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a fairly large nail. And he was 12, by pop, I mean pop.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:09 PM

I severely dislocated my right shoulder lifting weights. I was at the top of an overhead dumbbell press with 80lbs, and before I knew it, my right arm rotated 180 degrees backwards. I shredded everything and had to get a massive surgery. It ended my baseball "career" (hopes), but I got lucky. It didn't keep me out of aviation, and I healed decently enough. I just recently started doing shoulder presses again and managed to get back to well above the level I was at, working with 90-100 nowadays.

Also, I ran a motorcycle off the road at exactly 90mph. I picked up the bike and drove it home, later discovering that I had a very minor fracture of the wrist and a minor sublocation of the right ankle. So....pretty lucky I'd say.

-Jihad
Old 12-02-2005, 08:09 PM

This hurts me.