Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 07:53 AM

Default Re: KK preflop 55s

Well, I pushed and he thought for a while, then folded. It's so weak tight in the early rounds I wasn't suprised when he did. Maybe this was just a rare occurence. I still wonder if he had JJ...
Old 06-23-2005, 09:29 AM

Cool. Next time you can do that with any 2 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2005, 09:46 AM

I smooth call.
He raised that much because a) he doesn't want any action, so he'll fold to your push, or b) he wants to appear weak with AA.

Also, you're in EP. By smooth calling you may encourage MP2 to shove with Ax/midPP, and some random donkey may call off half his stack with 33.

My stack is going in on the flop unless an ace flops. If the guy is that afraid of playing JJ postflop he's not going to bluff me off a better hand OOP on an ace-high flop.

I would push if I had AA (though that's probably wrong as I don't think KK makes that type of raise) and/or I was OOP post-flop and/or I had a small enough stack to pot commit him PF.
Note: I suffer from FPS. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2005, 11:56 AM

I like a minraise here. I Don't see him folding for 250 more chips, even if it screams a monster.
Push every flop.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:10 PM

yeah this is a situation where i sometimes minraise 9/10 players on the table know you have KK/AA but open raiser still wont be able to fold here.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:14 PM

gump im not trying to be a dick but your advice and analysis is SO BAD SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD that i would ban you, it hurts my head to read what you say. no one is making an open raise for 250 when the blinds are 15 and then folding after an all unders flop, was he just trying to steal the blinds because like you said doesnt wanna see a flop but then gets the best flop he can without setting and now will fold an over 500 chip pot with an overpair? MY HEAD HURTS I GOTTA GO...
Old 06-23-2005, 12:16 PM

And I would say that extremely few people are going to make a 15 BB PF (EDITpen) raise and fold to a push over the top, too, so what difference does it make, from that perspective? What I was saying was that if this guy does one, he's far more likely to do the other, and thus you might as well push.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:18 PM

NO YOU DIDNT SAY THAT YOU SAID HES FOLDING ON AN ALL UNDERS FLOP, AND PEOPLE ARE ALOTTTTT MORE LIKELY TO FOLD PRE THEN WHEN THEY HAVE AN OVERPAIR HERE LIKE 0% WITH AN OVERPAIR, IM NOT SAYING A PUSH PRE IS BAD BUT THATS NOT WHAT YOU SAID, YOUR ANALYSIS OR A HAND IS SO BAD IT COULD BE CONSTRUED AS A JOKE.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NO YOU DIDNT SAY THAT

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I did:

[ QUOTE ]

Right, but how often do you see this after JJ put in a 15 BB PF bet? I don't tend to see many flops in these circumstances, so obviously there's a sample size problem, but I'm not sure that this opponent is likely to stack off with JJ as an overpair to the flop but fold it PF if you push over the top. After all, they can cross their fingers and hope it's just AK then, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
YOUR ANALYSIS OR A HAND IS SO BAD IT COULD BE CONSTRUED AS A JOKE.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say the same about your literacy skills.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:27 PM

MY LITERACY SKILLS? LOL IRONIC, AND WHEN WE ARE IN A 10TH GRADE ENGLISH FORUM, COOL. FOR NOW WE ARE TALKING ABOUT POKER AND YOU ARE VERY BAD.

Unlikely; if he's making a 15 BB PF bet with a hand like JJ because he doesn't want to take a flop, and you call him, I can't see him investing more unless he hits a set, because presumably he'll realize that you've got a substantial holding to call this ridiculous PF raise with so many left to act.

THAT WAS WHAT YOU INITIALLY SAID..