Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 07:50 AM

Default 5/10 odds to call to a one card flush?

Sorry I can't post the hand history convert I'm playing a 5/10 table against a bunch of horrible LAG's. Preflop its capped 5 or 6 ways, I have QQ with the Q of diamonds.
Flop comes down Ad 7d 2d. Pot is... $119.

I call the bet for 5 considering im getting possible odds to draw to the second best flush. I also know theres a possibility that someone with a Kd is forcing me to draw dead. The flop is 3-bet after me with 2 players staying in, I call another 10. The pot is now at 219.00. The turn hits a ten of spades, Someone bets I call even though its likely to get capped after me (Very questionable but the pot is absolutely huge). Guy behind me raises, I call 10 more. Pot is 319.00. River hits, I bet and they both call.

I win the pot is about 379.00 at this point...
I feel like i really fished out on both of them, one showed A6o and the other showed JJ. Was I getting odds to call this hand down considering i could have easily been drawing dead?
Old 05-03-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Re: 5/10 odds to call to a one card flush?

OMFG a three hundred and seventy nine dollar pot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111one111one

you have l33t pokah skillz.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:04 AM

Help me out here. You either:
1. Think this was an easy decision and think the OP just wanted to brag about this big pot he won.
2. You're a moron that only contributes useless spam and doesn't back up any of your suggestions with a why.

From your previous posts it's looks like #2. But we don't want anyone doing any independent reasoning here, so I won't tell you to change.

edit: As for the hand, the way the OP posted it makes it hard to read. But, it looks like if he isn't drawing dead, there will be redraws against him if he hits it on the turn, and although the odds look good, you can't expect to see future cards for only one bet on any round. I don't know how it should be played and am interested in hearing other people's thoughts.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:28 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

[ QUOTE ]

2. You're a moron that only contributes useless spam and doesn't back up any of your suggestions with a why.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one gets my vote. And, apparantly, he has a pony tail.

Seriously though, rmarotti "contributes" to this forum and the answer to this post was pretty obvious. He had odds to draw. If this OP was playing 5/10 B+M, then this is fine, if he's playing PP 5/10, he is out of his league.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:35 AM

By saying I am out of my league you are either informing me that I a) made the wrong play or b) had to double guess my self when faced with such an obvious decision.

If it's B. realize that I knew that i had odds to call here and i feel i made the correct play but...

there was the chance that I was easily drawing dead, which made it a much tougher decision in my book. Someone could also have been drawing to a full house which is also a negating factor.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:39 AM

It's not really close. You have the second nut flush draw. It's a freakin huge pot. The board isn't paired.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:44 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

[ QUOTE ]
Am I out of my league because I posted this hand and asked for opinions?

I knew i had odds to draw, but... there was the chance that I was easily drawing dead, which made it a much tougher decision in my book. Someone could also have been drawing to a full house which is also a negating factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why you're fearing the Kd. I'm sure there is a small % that u will lose even if u spike a diamond. However, u said the table was LAGgy, so I don't understand how u can put one of the lags on the Kd. As far as the boat draw, only the diamond suit of the turn card (one freaking card) could provide someone with a boat and u with a flush. It's also unlikely someone has a set given that LAGs like to slow-play these things. The overlay of odds that u are receiving on this hand is more than enough to negate the chance that u are drawing dead to the Kd. About the "out of your league" comment, u should already have a decent grasp of odds if you are playing PP 5/10. You also can't fear monsters if you want to win at SS online games. I'm just trying to help you out on this one. You can probably be a winning player without having an exact understanding of the odds. However, even those without will be like, hmmm, raised pot, i have the second nut draw, i should stay in.

Edit- i thought the hand was 3-handed initially, but now that i read it again, i have no freaking idea how many people are in. You are still committed to seeing the river.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:46 AM

Maybe I gave my opponents too much credit... I didn't expect the streets to be bet so heavy without at least sets/made flushes & possibly nut flush draws. If someone had a set, which was an easy possibility considering the style of betting my % of winning this hand decreases quite a bit. Also theres absolutely know way I can tell if the Kd is out there...

I feel I made the right play, but again I felt i needed to a second opinion. Also I probaly shouldn't have posted their hands, because you can't honestly put someone given their betting situations on A6o or JJ...

I feel since you saw their hands, you were biased against other possibilities.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:49 AM

Soot, again I feel i made the correct play and I KNEW i was getting odds. Its 7am in the morning here and I haven't slept yet... so my judgement is somewhat clouded. The reason I posted it is because i was talking to a friend who was also a 2+2er and he was unclear as to whether or not I played the hand correctly so i decided to post it.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not really close. You have the second nut flush draw. It's a freakin huge pot. The board isn't paired.

[/ QUOTE ]

For all my haters: I agree with the above; I didn't think it was that tough.

edit: So, FWIW, I guess I vote #1.