Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 02:33 PM

Default Underrake at the wood

I doubt I'm the only one who has noticed this, but Foxwoods dealers underrake the pots in the low limit games very often. I played a session of 4/8 last time I was there and almost every dealer with less than six months experience (which is the majority it seems) raked 3 dollars when they should have raked 4, and 2 dollars when they should have raked 3.

Am I the only one who watches the rake drop or even cares? I really liked this trend.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Underrake at the wood

The Foxwood rate isn't 10% at 2/4 and 4/8. It's a buck at the flop, a buck at $10, a buck at $20, and a buck at $40, and I think they "reset" the dollar count so that it's only based on the current pot size (that is, they factor out the raked dollar).

I once saw a big pot with no rake at the Taj, though. The guy in seat 10 won the pot, and the dealer pushed the pot to him over that circular disc where they keep the rake -- and it swallowed up $5 in chips. Oops!
Old 07-21-2004, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I once saw a big pot with no rake at the Taj, though. The guy in seat 10 won the pot, and the dealer pushed the pot to him over that circular disc where they keep the rake -- and it swallowed up $5 in chips. Oops!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's happen to me a few times. It must have been $4 though because thats the max rake in AC.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:57 PM

Actually, you're wrong. The foxwoods 4/8 rake is 2 bucks at the flop, 1 buck at 30 and 1 buck at 60. The dealers almost always got the 2 bucks on the flop, but many times that's all they took, whether the pot was 50, or 150.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:04 PM

Damn, I swear I've seen a lot of "embiggened" rakes, then.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, I swear I've seen a lot of "embiggened" rakes, then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also saw one dealer who immediately took 4 dollars as soon as postflop betting occurred...I counted down the pots to make sure that they all made it to 60, and they did, so it wasn't an issue, but I have no doubt that she wouldn't have corrected the error had the pot not reached 60.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:08 PM

Fine with me if they underrake.

One thing I saw happen that wasn't so good was that in the time-collection NL game a new/poor dealer was raking the pots without even realizing what they were doing. Guess it's not a great idea having a dealer come from 10-20 to NL where the same color chips are in play...