Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Results and a few thouhts

About Villains handrange. This was maybe the fourth time he had 3-bet me pre-flop total during the 150 hand session. While I highly doubt it has always been either AA, KK, QQ or AK, he probably isn't doing this with any two cards he'd normally open-raise with. I think it's very questionable he'd do it with 55 or 77, especially when I gave him a clear hint just two hands ago that I'm not giving his pre-flop 3-bets much respect.

When he insta 3-bet me pre-flop in this hand, I got the feeling that he was very excited that he had finally created the needed meta game conditions in order to win a big pot from me with the hand he had. Basically this is my read which is also part of the hand and which I think some of you are overlooking. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm just resulsts oriented, because KK is what he had.

I think the pre-flop call is fine and I really like it more than 4-betting because I know a lot more about his hand than he knows about mine. If this wasn't the case I'd probably 4-bet, but this time I think calling is just fine. On the flop I should've probably raised. I'm not sure if he gets away from QQ at this point, but with KK he's probably going down nonetheless.

Thanks for all the responses.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Results and a few thouhts

i have no idea how this guy 'plays well post flop'

there ain't a damn hand someone can call with there that doesn't beat KK
Old 12-08-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Results and a few thouhts

[ QUOTE ]
i have no idea how this guy 'plays well post flop'

there ain't a damn hand someone can call with there that doesn't beat KK

[/ QUOTE ]

That was just my first impression of his play; he was not amazing but played decent. I have to agree that he played his kings awfully in this hand.