Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2004, 08:48 PM

Default ATs

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP1 folds.

River: (7.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, between UTG+1, MP3 and Hero.</font>
Old 08-08-2004, 09:06 PM

Default Re: ATs

raise preflop. bet the turn.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:47 PM

I disagree. I think raising pre-flop is incorrect. With so many people in the pot, you won't get anybody out with a raise. Now, by putting more money into the pot pre-flop gives everyone else the right odds to chase their flushes and straights on the flop. Plus, your position is horrible. I like calling in these situations pre-flop and come out firing post flop.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:53 PM

I disagree. I think raising pre-flop is incorrect. With so many people in the pot, you won't get anybody out with a raise. Now, by putting more money into the pot pre-flop gives everyone else the right odds to chase their flushes and straights on the flop. Plus, your position is horrible. I like calling in these situations pre-flop and come out firing post flop.

Your argument is beyond flawed, but I understand your line of thinking to a certain extent.

Have you read SSH yet?
Old 08-08-2004, 10:58 PM

The only time I would reraise with A high in this situation is with bigslick. Even AQs isn't that strong with this type of position.

Yes, I've read all of the books. Raising with a hand like A10s in this position at these stakes is no good. I can see it being the right play at the higher levels because you won't get as many suckouts.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:00 PM

Yes, I've read all of the books. Raising with a hand like A10s in this position at these stakes is no good. I can see it being the right play at the higher levels because you won't get as many suckouts.

If I were you I would reread the books
Old 08-08-2004, 11:01 PM

Could someone clue me in as to what SSH means? I keep seeing it mentioned here.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:05 PM

"Small Stakes Hold Em"

Its a newly released book by Ed Miller that discusses loose games.

Check out the books and software forum for more info.

Welcome to the forums
Old 08-08-2004, 11:11 PM

Now I feel I have to defend my poker skills.

1. I've been playing online for a living the past two years
2. The only thing I need to read is my bank account

This forum is hilarious because everyone thinks they are right. There is no right or wrong in this situation. The two main reason I say call rather then raise is because most people that read this forum (micro limits) cannot get away from a hand they raised preflop. You would have to point out in a book where it says to raise pre-flop with A10s in the small blind with so many callers. Even if you did, they are assuming that the player will get away from the hand if an A or 10 does not hit.

I'm all about learning another skill and don't want to come off as a know it all...but you tell me in what book it tells you that and I'll show you another book that says to do the opposite.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:19 PM

If a person doesn't know how to play post-flop obviously all advice given for PF play doesn't matter.

I would still raise this PF (first one to raise, not 3-bet).