Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Contributed rake? Please help me.....

Sorry if these are dumb question but I am really confused about some things and am trying to get set-up on rakeback. Because I am lazy and also don't want to have tons of accounts I kind of want to get it right the first time.

So anyways, I am considering two offers for Pokerroom skins. The first would be for a 25% rakeback deal. I am assuming this gets calculated for each hand as ($rake/# of players at table)*25%. I am assuming if you are very tight you actually get more than 25% of your rake back and if you are loose you get less than 25% of your rake.

The other is the offer that Bayou is making where it would be 50% of contributed rake. I am assuming this would be something like 50% of the rake paid for all the hands you win (or a similar calculation) and would alwyas work out to exactly 50% of the rake you paid.

Now, I play only 5-handed at 5-10 NL, so to me it would seem that the 50% contributed would be much, much higher since I figure I don't play much tighter than anyone else and win roughly the same percentage of hands. Then I saw somebody saying that this 50% deal wasn't all that good. Am I missing something or is the Bayou deal really that much better? Thank you very much for any help.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Contributed rake? Please help me.....

In the case you have outlined playing 5/10 6-max I would say the bonus at Bayou that is equilavent to 50% contributed rakeback is more valuable than the 25% straight rakeback.